Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CERF

I just drove a 4 hour round trip to take 3 dogs to get CERF eye exams. My next closest choice is a 6 hour round trip. This seems crazy to me. My question is "how far do you have to go to find a Board Certified Ophthalmologists?"

Re: CERF

About 12 miles :-)

2.5 hour drive each way for me ...

45 minutes

We now have a resident CERF clinic in town (SLC) once a month. Also an eye doc from Denver comes into our dog show cluster every spring. Before these two things we were forced to drive to Colorado State University -- 7 to 8 hour drive one way!

Johanne

9 hour round trip for me!

Just wondering
I just drove a 4 hour round trip to take 3 dogs to get CERF eye exams. My next closest choice is a 6 hour round trip. This seems crazy to me. My question is "how far do you have to go to find a Board Certified Ophthalmologists?"

My nearest board cerfified ophthamologist is about 2.5 hours from me and he charges a little over $60 a dog. I only used him once when it was an emergency and I needed a quick CERF. Usually there are CERF clinics at atleast 2 of the shows I go to each year. I just plan to take a van load of dogs to CERF for $20 at a dog show.

6 - 8 minutes! How lucky am I? A specialty clinic moved to my hometown and they are about 3 miles away.

I have done an 8 hour round trip for CERF and then one year found out there was one a couple weeks later 20 min away!

45 minutes in bad traffic one way.

I could walk there.

I only go to CERF clinics, so the farthest I have traveled for one? One hour. But I was there for a show anyway.