Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ate some ivory soap

going to call vet but ..
does anyone have any experience with their lab eating some ivory soap?
Your advice will help

Re: ate some ivory soap

Yup, My first dog ate and chewed on a bar of soap, give your some bread to bind around it and don't be suprised if your dog gets some diarrhea, soap has surfactants that pull in moisture just like stool softeners.

newbie3
going to call vet but ..
does anyone have any experience with their lab eating some ivory soap?
Your advice will help

Perhaps next time your dog 'back talks' you would consider a time out versus ivory soap mouth washing?? LOL

Just kidding, but it did tickle my funny bone! Hope all is well now.

One of my Labs did the same--though not sure of the brand. Problem solved when she threw it back up in the back of my brand new SUV (outside her crate!). Labs have incredible stomachs!!

Our Mildred loves soap!No ill effects so far!

I'll bet she will be burping bubbles!

Or farting them!

ate some ivory soap

Original OP here:
I gave the girls bread and the later in the evening fed them as usual.... they drank plenty of water, seemed to be more thirsty than usual....
One of them was trying to throw something up, but nothing came until
They started to fart! Whewwwwwww!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the advice! LOL!!!
Can you tell I'm a newbie!!!!!!

Yikes!
I'll bet she will be burping bubbles!

She'll be doing more than "burping" bubbles. Mine looks for soap in hotels. Oh well, a good s$@t never hurt anyone. LOL!

ate some ivory soap

It's been a couple of days.... she threw up this morning and it was very slimmy! She'd been not feeling good and I could tell last night but she seems good this evening..... Can it take that long for it to go through? If not, may it was something else...
Thanks for your help!