Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Mistake

I just wanted to clarify something that I wrote on an earlier post from last night under the "Madison, OH Shows" thread.....
I talked about how this forum is "a means for gossip, lies, ignorance etc etc..."
I should have said that there are good people on this forum and that there are good topics on here along with the bad ones.
I do realize that this forum is also a great means for people to communicate and to learn from one another.
My derogatory comment about the means of this Forum, was not meant to offend the people that use it for positive things and I do realize that there are many good people and topics discussed everyday on this forum.

Re: My Mistake

Those of us who use it for good purpose knew you meant that Jen. Don't let them make you feel bad. You are a professional who puts the dogs' welfare first and foremost. All handlers should be like that. Those of us who choose not handle our dogs by ourselves for whatever reasons WE may have, appreciate good professional handlers. Those who use this forum just to trash people or dogs will get their's in the long run- you know it ALWAYS comes around!! Keep smiling.

"Those of us who choose not handle our dogs by ourselves for whatever reasons WE may have, appreciate good professional handlers".

Ditto. I have always wished folks, other than friends, would not make assumptions or comments about why/if/when we should use handlers. A bit of invasion of privacy to me.

Betty

well said from some one that been gone through dozens of em

Who are you---snake eyes?, green eyes?

Why can you not use your own name?

Ashamed of how miserable and jealous you are? Why don't you email me at home if you know me so well and have something to say?

Yes, a few too many handlers in my life over the many years. No, not dozens. Two broke my heart. Some just moved on for good reasons. I have tried my best, taken my lumps.

Is that what you are doing?

Never expected a nasty note like this.

BWM

Remember the movie Mean Girls with lindsey lohan? When this forum becomes nasty (as it does way too often) I call it the mean girls forum.

And when they get mean, they should all be ashamed of themselves.

Those who come on this forum to be nasty are just nasty people. Their opinions don't matter, they have nothing constructive to offer. Simple as that. Using this forum to vent their unhappiness is wrong. What goes around, comes around. I just wish they knew that and went out to pet their dogs instead of being nasty on this forum.
A relationship with a handler can be great. It can also be difficult. You have to find a fit, and at the same time take the emotion off the table. Yes, you love your dog best, but the judges may not- that is not always the handler's fault. The handler has to fit the dog first, then the owner. Then there is always the matter of the checkbook :) But when you figure it all out, it's a good thing for those who can't/won't show for themselves.

Mrs. Howard, all of us knew exactly what you were saying - that is what is so great about knowing you, Rusty and the team. When you guys are in a show where my pooch is entered, it adds to the thrill and the excitement.

You guys never fail to say hello to me and Gina - you make everyone important and never fail to say "nice win" when we win - that is special.

The Howards congratulate the winners.
That is what classy people who pratice good sportsmanship do!
Thought that the original madison show basher needed to be reminded of that fact!
Rusty and Jen are some of the best folks in the lab and dog show world.

The Howards rock! Plain pure and simple.

Forget about it

Yeah, I would take that off your list of things in this world to worry about. If I had the money and could bear to be away from my baby-dog long enough, he would be in the hands of Jen and Rusty Howard, no doubt about it.

Re: Forget about it

I am a new Lab owner but I have had show dogs since 1981. In other breed groups names are on the posts. I have never seen such down right mean posts on any other list. I know their are the people that have good intentions but after reading this forum several months I am sure I wouldn't want to associate with these bitter people. If you really want this behavior to stop and be a first class forum just require real names and email addresses on all posts. I was expecting to find out good information and I have but it seems to always be peppered with some sarcastic remark. Too bad.