Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AKC ACE Awards

I am so proud and excited to announce that one of my grand-puppies has been nominated for the 2009 AKC Humane Fund Awards for Canine Excellence (ACE).

We all call her Miss Lillie and she is owned/loved/trained by Joanne Huntley. Her full name is Nat/Int CH, U-CH Sterling's Gorgeous Hussy CD, WC, JH, RE, NJP, NAP, CGC, U-CD, U-SH, U-AJI, FBCH-s, AAA/AAT, TDI & Herding Instinct Certified.

Her breeder is Madilyn Parker of Oregon. She is out of her specialty winning girl CH Sterling's Brown Bomber JH and my Int (FCI), Am & Mex CH JanRod's Grizzly Bear CGC, TD.

Miss Lillie obtained a perfect score at the highest level of Delta Society Partners testing which lead to visits with the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Portland, Oregon where they work with a mental health therapist.

The team also visits nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities, pre-schools and grade schools for dog safety programs, local libraries as part of the Bonny Hays read to a dog program and work at information booths at local fairs and health fairs.

Miss Lillie has also worked as a certified Hope Crisis Response Dog team where they work with the Washington County Sheriffs Department Chaplains office as a Certified Animal-Assisted Crisis Response Team responding to secondary crisis situations.

In their "free time" Miss Lillie and Joanne take early morning walks wearing costumes to match the season in the local malls to encourage seniors to get out and exercise.

I am so proud of the two of them. Not only for the contribution they make to their community, but also for the wonderful image they present for our breed.

My fingers are crossed for them to win the ACE award and appear at the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship in Dec.

Thank you for letting me brag,

JanisG

Re: AKC ACE Awards

That is very cool! I have watched Joanne with her dogs and she is so dedicated.

Congratulations.

Congratulations Jan, Marilyn and Joanne! That is certainlya lifetime of achievments.

Johanne

That is really something to be proud of! Good for everyone involved!

That is awesome Janis. I love it when people can see all that a Labrador is capable of! "Miss Lillie" and Joanne have done a great job.

Congratulations on that huge string of titles. And a Lab with a herding title? Did I read that right? That must be pretty rare!

Congratulations Marilyn, Jan, and Joanne! I just met Miss Lillie and Joanne at the Rose City shows, Lillie is an aunt to my Mia.

What a list of titles! Herding instinct certified? Who knew? LOL Congratulations, best of luck with the ACE award!

WOW... congrats to all .. so very impressive!

Are you sure those are titles -- or is she a member of the New York Stock Exchange? LOL

Congrats!