Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
in-flight kennel

I just had a puppy buyer contact me wondering if their 8 week old puppy would fit in the in-flight kennel. It measures 17"Lx12"Wx8"H. They are willing to drive up for the puppy, but this clearly would save them time and money. My puppies generally are about 15lbs at eight weeks, any thoughts? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Re: in-flight kennel

I have had smaller pups make it OK,
but it is touch and go with an 8 week old lab puppy.
sometimes if they can get a back row seat they can let the pup sit on their lap during the trip and not offend anyone.

I sold a puppy who fit in the under seat carry on but when she changed planes they refused to let her on with the puppy in the carry on. They made her buy a full size vari-kennel and put the pup in cargo.

I had someone take one of my puppies home at 8 1/2 weeks in a Sherpa Original Delux (soft sided bag 20" long, 11.5 high and 11.75 wide). The puppy wieghed 18 + pounds. They flew out of Newark non-stop to Kansas City with no problems. The bag had to be some what under the seat for take off and landing....the rest of the time the flight crew let him sleep on the owner's lap......he was the highlight of the flight !!!