Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Has anyone ever heard of this before

http://chron.kaango.com/feViewAd/14856564

Have you ever heard of anyone putting an ad in the paper for a stud dog like the one featured above?
Doesn't make sense...
Not trying to start anything but found it odd that someone would advertise in the paper
If you think this is inappropriate sorry, let me know and I will remove when I get home as I'm at work

Re: Has anyone ever heard of this before

I did not see one thing wrong with the ad. We put our dogs out there on web sites to invite inquiry.
Looked like a nice dog with all certifications, proven show dog and producer. Folks sell their bitches and dogs when they have what they want, what is so terrible about this ad? I think it is wrong to call attention to something like this. How about the top Breeders that sell a Stud dog to a Novice or over seas? I am sure they check out who they are selling to, I would bet the person that placed the ad will do the same. I wish everyone would take care of their own glass house and stop throwing stones.

My apology to all!
I didn't mean to seem negative I had just never heard of or seen a newspaper ad for show dog being advertised in the newspaper! Yes, have seen breeder ads on their websites.... Wish I had $15K for a show dog! If I could remove the thread from home I would!

Don't worry about the thread. These are extraordinary times. The owner may really be in dire straits, or, maybe just has no takers for $15G...
Does look like a nice dog, but no indication of pedigree or anything?

I actually LOVE their chocolate!!!! EIC clear!

This is the owners website http://www.gepups.net/

in the event you need more info

Has anyone seen this dog in person? Very nice pedigree.

I don't really know anything about the dog. She has entered him, and maybe shown him at AKC shows. He has a sterling pedigree. She has some very nice pedigreed dogs. She actually has field dogs, but got started in show dogs. Maybe she just needs to sell him as someone else said, but that's seems like a huge price.

He's been shown in Texas at all breeds a fair amount by his owner. Just ask one of the Texas breeders/exhibitors that you know and you may get an honest opinion privately. I believe the dog was in San Antonio last weekend. I know the owner was there. Perhaps they will be in Houston?

He has a nice English pedigree. FWIW He was also sold overseas (here) as an adult to unknown breeders who are actually field trainers who haven't even put a JH on him.

Does look like he is at a breeder that really likes to train for field work. Bet they were hopeing he had more drive to train. Field trainers do not look at Labs like we do and if they don't have drive they are out of there. That would be my guess. Looks nice.
Bet not used by their clients for stud so just feeding a pretty dog. Interesting.

Breeder two
Does look like he is at a breeder that really likes to train for field work. Bet they were hopeing he had more drive to train. Field trainers do not look at Labs like we do and if they don't have drive they are out of there. That would be my guess. Looks nice.
Bet not used by their clients for stud so just feeding a pretty dog. Interesting.

And do you think breeders of conformation labs are different?

Web Site

This all looks like a great way to get people to go check out the advertising.

http://chron.kaango.com/feViewAd/14856564

the dog looks real nice and has nice pedigree however
this looks more like a place for wannabees and backyarders to advertise

advertising is advertising, price will make or break the buyer.

and for all its worth, her site has probably been hit more times today than before looking at this very nice boy with great pedigree and clearances
No shame in getting the word out on a nice dog.

sorry but I dont see this as a backyard breeder, just a different genre than most of us.

To Texan,

Why do you write things you know nothing about? You write the untruth as facts. I cant believe it.

The facts are I originally imported this dog from UK to show here. Im not a field home as Texan says I am. I have no field labs. The boy didnt work out for us. The current owner wanted to get into conformation showing and I sold this boy to her as this dog was already trained in the ring. She has him available to a pet or show home, I was told.

Smart!
Web Site

This all looks like a great way to get people to go check out the advertising.

I agree!

Wow, that'd be one expensive pet!

Did a "search" on their menu for Labrador breeders and up came a long list of backyard and mills!

Gossip, Gossip, Gossip!!! Folks tend your own gardens, this type of thread just adds fuel to the fire for PETA. If you want all your rights of pet ownership and the right to raise dogs taken away then
just keep going after fellow owners. Enough is enough
already! Lets get back to talking health and training. Leave those folks alone.