Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Wanted black male puppy

I have a very nice family that lives local to us in NJ that is looking for a black male puppy (we didn't have enough in our most recent litter) that will be approx. 8 weeks and ready to go home mid Aug to mid Sept. I know several of you have puppies that are ready to go right now but the family is firm in wanting a puppy during that time frame and as close to 8 weeks as possible. They would like to work with a local breeder (reasonable driving distance, not out of state or having a puppy shipped. The family will want to meet you.)
If any of you guys have puppies that fit their time frame please contact me and I would be more than happy to pass along your contact information.
Thanks
Heidi - Paradigm
heidih5@aol.com

CAN I SELL MY PUPS HERE TOO?

Heidi@Paradigm
I have a very nice family that lives local to us in NJ that is looking for a black male puppy (we didn't have enough in our most recent litter) that will be approx. 8 weeks and ready to go home mid Aug to mid Sept. I know several of you have puppies that are ready to go right now but the family is firm in wanting a puppy during that time frame and as close to 8 weeks as possible. They would like to work with a local breeder (reasonable driving distance, not out of state or having a puppy shipped. The family will want to meet you.)
If any of you guys have puppies that fit their time frame please contact me and I would be more than happy to pass along your contact information.
Thanks
Heidi - Paradigm
heidih5@aol.com

I am glad you noted the post, so I must ask: Do you know the difference between someone trying to sell their own puppies, and a fellow breeder requesting help from other fellow breeders to try to help a family find a puppy, since their own kennel is unable to sell them a puppy?

If you did not have a puppy from your kennel to sell to a good home, how would you write a post here to get help from fellow breeders by referral to try to find this family a pup?

I am sure you noticed the OP asked that leads be emailed directly to her. No one was asked to post the availability of their litters or their contact info on the Forum.

It does seem to fall under the "puppies wanted" caution at the top of the page.

The post was not made by an individual seeking a puppy for themselves, which is what the Forum prohibits. This was a breeder posting for referral from other breeders who might have a litter available. The important items to note here are 1) We do not have a private individual posting for themselves, 2) No one asked for anyone to specifically post any litters available DIRECTLY by naming their kennel, 3) the OP made it a point to make sure any possible referrals were to be emailed DIRECTLY to them, so that no advertising on the board occurred.

I think the earlier post made in the thread says it all. How would a breeder, who IS NOT personally seeking a puppy nor SELLING a pup, request help from fellow breeders to assist a good family looking for a puppy? There is nothing the OP did which is contrary to the Fourm rules, because no advertising for any particular litter or specific kennel occurred.

Boy, can you all be nit-picky, a polite way to say really BITCHY. I see no wrong in Heidis' attempts to help a family find a GOOD Puppy from a GOOD Breeder rather than them buying Newspaper or buy from a POOR Quality Web site.
Personally, I know you all will bitch at me for the following statement BUT it's how I feel...yes, congrads are due for a NEW Ch. or other title that takes alot of training BUT BUT BUT lets be honest here for a BIS it takes THE RIGHT HANDLER AND BIG BUCKS...How is listing the dogs Many Best In Shows part of a "FORUM" implemented to share KNOWLEDGE AND GOOD INFORMATION TO IMPROVE THE BREED????? As we all know MANY new to the breed will breed to the top winning dog ie. the "Flavor of the Month" not knowing if the lines are good for their bitch. Thinking as "newbies" do the TOP WINNING is EQUAL to TOP PRODUCING. I consider THAT THREAD AS ADVERTISING for a STUD DOG Does it make me HAPPY TO SEE A LABRADOR GOING BEST IN SHOW, YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT DOES AFTER 35 YEARS OF BREEDING

someone had a bad day!

Boy, can you all be nit-picky, a polite way to say really BITCHY. I see no wrong in Heidis' attempts to help a family find a GOOD Puppy from a GOOD Breeder rather than them buying Newspaper or buy from a POOR Quality Web site.
Personally, I know you all will bitch at me for the following statement BUT it's how I feel...yes, congrads are due for a NEW Ch. or other title that takes alot of training BUT BUT BUT lets be honest here for a BIS it takes THE RIGHT HANDLER AND BIG BUCKS...How is listing the dogs Many Best In Shows part of a "FORUM" implemented to share KNOWLEDGE AND GOOD INFORMATION TO IMPROVE THE BREED????? As we all know MANY new to the breed will breed to the top winning dog ie. the "Flavor of the Month" not knowing if the lines are good for their bitch. Thinking as "newbies" do the TOP WINNING is EQUAL to TOP PRODUCING. I consider THAT THREAD AS ADVERTISING for a STUD DOG Does it make me HAPPY TO SEE A LABRADOR GOING BEST IN SHOW, YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT DOES AFTER 35 YEARS OF BREEDING

You can feel anyway you want Nancy, but at the end of the day its not our decision on what should be posted/removed. It is obvious that the board owner and moderators have no issue with this thread, posting show results, bragging about a new champion or posting about BIS wins (just to name a few).

Heidi hope the family finds a wonderful, reputable breeder thanks to your help