Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mini Labradors- need some help here !

I got an e-mail from a gal looking for a..um.. mini Lab . She said they are interesting to her and she wants one. She wants to know if I know anyone breeding them. I don't know anyone nor would I forward someone to them if I knew one existed. I simply don't agree with it.. Anyway.. This person is, or appears to be anyway, uneducated to the Labrador Retriever and proper breeding. So I'm taking the time to give her some information in hopes she changes her mind. I don't have many links (slowly building the list) and I do not have time to google. Could anyone please e-mail/post some very good links to information that would help educate this lady ???

I would really appreciate any and all help with this !

Re: Mini Labradors- need some help here !

I've had those same inquiries.No we don't have minis,silvers,charcoals or blue or green eyed Labs or the giant ones either(Why are your dogs so short?).Educating the public can be exhausting!

Well I just e-mailed and told her I didn't breed nor associate with anyone who breeds, "mini-labs". I gave the best advice/info I could and I also advised her to do more research and if she needed any other information or had any questions that I would do my best to help.. I'm still trying to figure out why they would even think we would breed mini-labs Neither of my 2 girls are that short, neither are my boys. Only thing I can think of is she seen the picture of my 4 month old bitch puppy playing with 2, 9 week old puppies in the puppy yard, and thought my 4 month old girl was a full grown adult !!? . Yes, I have been asked if I bred silvers or charcoals and also stud services to a silver/charcoal and even requests if I would allow one of my boys to service a poodle bitch . Again, I always try to figure where they would even get the idea I breed them, when it states I do NOT/will never breed , nor stud my boys out to silvers, charcoals nor poodles or doodles. Yet, I keep getting asked I often think some do it just to try and work us up, knowing how we feel and all.. Nope, not getting any reaction from me except a "Sorry, but I don't " and a "Thank you". Sometimes I'll throw in some info, but only if I think the person is uneducated to the Labrador and proper breeding (like this last person). This was just a first for being asked about mini-labs. I honestly thought that died out since I have not seen any listings for a while.

Best we can do is try and educate when we can, if not, pass them on to someone who can or get them the info they need. It's up to them, however, to take it or leave it..

I'm just thinking I would tell them that I know someone who breeds minis that also are non-shedding... And then send them to a cocker breeder!!!