Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Continental Air

I have used Continental Air out of Jacksonville, FL for years.(International Airport)
Tried to book a flight for this week only to find out they have changed to express planes which can not accommodate animals. Only one flight out to Newark every day but it gets in late at night so no connecting flights, dogs would have to stay overnight....

So if you plan on shipping pups, better check ahead!
Economy is hitting everyone

Re: Continental Air

labs
I have used Continental Air out of Jacksonville, FL for years.(International Airport)
Tried to book a flight for this week only to find out they have changed to express planes which can not accommodate animals. Only one flight out to Newark every day but it gets in late at night so no connecting flights, dogs would have to stay overnight....

So if you plan on shipping pups, better check ahead!
Economy is hitting everyone

I don't *think* there are many pups or dogs shipped from Jacksonville to Newark or enough people for the larger jets. Maybe they discontinued the service due to lack of demand? It costs alot in fuel to fly a larger jet up the coast if there aren't enough people on it. Continental has always had Express, especially within FLA and other southern states. Sure, the economy is going to cause cut backs. Then again, I haven't flown Contintental in quite some time. I use a couple of other airlines frequently instead.

I did not want to go to Newark....out of all their hubs this was the only one that had a plane big enough to ship any animal on.

I know many breeders that ship out of Jacksonville, they come down from GA and SC as well. Over the summer Continental is the only choice for southern states since they had temp controlled cargo.

American Airlines is the No.1 for pets.