Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Love my lab

Hello,
I have my first lab, he is a beauty, I have pictures of him since I got him at 8 weeks.
Now he is 6 months, I know he is still a baby, but I see his tail longer than when he was 8 weeks, is this normal, the tail starts growing first?, I also see him longer and with shorter legs than when he was 8 weeks old.
Thank you for your advice, I am not a breeder and never will, I just love my lab and want to learn.
No flames please!!!

Re: Love my lab

Puppies bodies do all kinds of crazy things as they grow and develop. Some times they look totally balanced and other times their bodies looked like they were put together with spare parts! This will most likely go on until he's two years old. Relax, enjoy and adore your new baby boy! Best of luck with your little beauty!

I agree with Melody. Your boy is in the "gawky" stage right now. Close your eyes util he's closer to 2 years old......or older.

Thank you, the breeder told me that at 2 years he will look like when he was 8 weeks.
I will enjoy, relax and won't judge him again untill he is 2+ years.
I'm glad is normal that the tail look so weird.
Thanks again,

Relax, play with him. Do some obedience or rally. Get him out. He could get even worse looking. But keep that 8 weeks look in mind and do take pictures you will not believe the swan from the duckling look.
Enjoy and welcome to the world of wait and see. I never worry about tails, legs or heads at that point.