Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Split Season/Cycle

I'm interested in any info that can be shared about your experience with a "split season". How long was the first season, the off-season period, then the return of the season? Did you breed on the returned season? If so, what was your litter size. Did you confirm a split season with progesterone testing, etc.? Any info you can share would be worth a good read.

Thanks.

Re: Split Season/Cycle

I had one split cycle years ago - bred on the return cycle (started back around 2 weeks later) and had 10 puppies, including a BISS Ch

My girl Dove, came in this past August , approx on the 20th. Her first prog.test was on the 27th, it was .02. Next week , her results were .02 , next week same results, next week same results. Then she went out. [good grief] Ten days later she came back in. I waited a week, took her to friends who I knew would breed her untill she would not stand for him. I pick her up tonight, I'm not holding my breathe on this, but I will post when I know for certain.

Test progesterone. Sometimes it starts and stalls for a while. Progesterone will tell you when she ovulates. Patience.