Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy Calls

I just got another call asking for a white English block head Labrador. I tried to educate but knew I was getting nowhere.

When I hung up I remembered a recording the So Cal LRC made up and played at the Specialty banquet for then President Winnie Limbourne. You heard a beep and a voice said, "Hello. You have reached Wingmaster Labradors. If you're calling to offer me stud services on your wonderful male, press 1" and then some hilarious choices popped up - some of which I can't repeat. It went on to address every call possible. Very funny. It got me thinking. Why not do the something similar on my answering machine? It might save me some time and I would know right away if I had what they were looking for.

"Hello. You have reached, You Asked For It Labradors. To order your puppy, please select from the following options."

Press 1 for English; 2 for American.

Color: Press 1 for white; 2 for rare white, 3 for imported white.

Next, please select your head type: Press 1 for Block; 2 for Rottie-lite or 3 for Pitbull on steroids.

Now choose your size: Press 1 for Tea Cup; 2 for Apartment sized or 3 for a 120 pounder like your last one.

Finally, please select your delivery date: Press 1 for Christmas; 2 for the next three day weekend; Press 3 for family Birthday (Enter your 6 digit birthday by month/day/year).

Please allow 24 hours delivery as each puppy is designed especially with you in mind.

Re: Puppy Calls

Funny how the first subject on the message of the answering machine is "offering stud services on your wonderful male". I am a newer breeder and I have already received emails from people offering me stud services on their male. Go figure, I have 2 males myself certainly don't need anymore around here.

I love when I get what I call the "MacDonalds order" call. I want a pup out of _______________ x ___________
ready at ________________ time.
And, like, the two they mention are a pair I'd NEVER breed together, or they are brother and sister. Makes me giggle. They really think they can order up a puppy like a special order hamburger.

I often wonder what people are thinking