Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Transport to PA shows??

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some assistance in getting a Lab from Albany NY area over to either the Devon or Hatboro shows this weekend.

He is an intact 18 month old - that is going for extensive rehabilitation before it can ever be thought of to rehome him. He was owner surrendered and has become somewhat of a rescue situation. (victim of circumstance). he should have been surrendered a long time ago in my opinion.
This dog CANNOT be let loose, and should absolutely ride in a crate. He will need a very strong hand with him moving him around.

Please let me know asap and i'll put you in touch with the right people for arrangement.
I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it.

Getting Urgent - Albany NY to Wrightstown PA

We are really hoping on getting this boy moving. thought i'd adjust the subject to show starting point.

anyone out there that can help with this boy?

TIA

Re: Getting Urgent - Albany NY to Wrightstown PA

Any luck Tina?

nothing, but thank you for asking.

I did get one email wishing me good luck for it.

I looked into pet taxi/chauffeur service...oh my gosh, $600 - $800 for a 3 1/2 hour road trip. of course, double that to and from. But for that price, i'd drive all the way from Canada, pick him up myself and drive him .

I was hoping to get him to that area, not necessarily to the show site, but that would be an easy meeting place for the one picking up and the one bringing him if they were going to the show.
I put out a request on some rescue lists too. but nothing from there either.

Thanks for asking. I'm a bit bummed about it, but will keep trying to find a way.

maybe you will just have to do the drive yourself , would be cheaper than paying someone else.

agreed...and would be willing to do it myself except without a passport - i can't cross into the US just yet.

Anyway...I was just hoping to find some help with this rescue situation.

When breeding puppies, these are the things that we are responsible for. The US has prepared people for over a year that they would need a passport or enhanced liscense to enter the US or Canada. I hope your passport is in process. This is a lot to ask of other people, considering your description of the poor animal. He sounds out of control.

You are correct. and responsibility is not an issue with this dog at this point. The issue was the distance to get him moved quicker rather than later. And yes...my passport went out registered mail yesterday and is enroute.

I realize the passport notice was given a year in advance. And it is the US requiring the passport to enter into the country. It is not the Canadians requiring it or requesting it. It has been made mandatory to us by the US. And i had no clue of my travel plans for this year, and started the process of my passport weeks and weeks ago. Unfortunately, i had to re-do my application as my guarantor needed to be someone else. I mis-read the requirement.

and yes...this dog lived the life of riley for his first year. sadly it went downhill after that. What we are doing for him now- is to get him somewhere that will give him the best chance to turn him around. He's not aggressive, he's just a strong puller. He's certainly not a write off.

But i do appreciate your post.