Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy Pack Food Samples

Looking to start litters on a different food. I would like a super premium food that puppies start on and new owners can continue feeding. Found the best way to do that is to give sample in puppy pack. Found some foods I like but they don't give samples. Cost to buy a bag for each puppy prohibits me from choosing those foods. Does anyone know if Canidae gives free bags for puppy packs? Someone told me they give 5 pound bag for each puppy but that sounds like a lot. Any other super premium foods that give free sample bags for puppy packs?

Re: Puppy Pack Food Samples

I have found over the years if you start the pups on a food new parents can easily purchase, such as Purina One Healthy Puppy they are more likely to continue feeding it. A food that they need to go out of their way on a regular basis gets replaced by some cheap food to get through until they have time to get the other, sometimes they don't go back. Purina One can be purchesed at the grocery store, Walmart, Target, etc. It's a good food, cost effective and easily accessable.

JMO

What is their breeder program (puppy packs) like?

You register for the breeder program, when you have pups call order puppy packs for as many pups as you have and they send out a packet with information, a coupon for you to get puppy food and bags to put some in and I think there is a coupon for the puppy owner to use on there next bag.

Natural Balance provides samples with their Breeder's program.

Origen gives free samples, but you have to request literature.

Yes Canidae does give a free 5# bag in their puppy packs. You need to get on their breeders program and then you can request puppy packs That include a coupon for a free 5# bag and some canned food as well.

It's a great program and my puppy people haven't had any problems finding the stores that sell it in their area because I print up a list of stores in their area from the Canidae store locator on their website for each pup.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. We are looking at Canidae and Origen right now. I figured the Canidae might be a little more affordable for puppy families and that might cause more people to stick with it and a 5 lb bag for each puppy is just awesome - but I really, really love the look of Orijen too. Does anyone know what size the sample bag is for the Orijen puppy pack? Thanks again.