Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AKC/Eukanuba Invitational, Long Beach - Best Airport??

Is there any one airport easier to get in and out of??? LAX kinda scares me! lol

Re: AKC/Eukanuba Invitational, Long Beach - Best Airport??

If your airline goes to Long Beach airport you are really close. Burbank and Ontario are smaller than LAX but it are about double to distance away but still do-able, You might also want to go a google or mapquest direction seach for John Wayne airport in Orange County.

Good Luck

Thank you!

Our daughter qualified for Junior Showmanship, so we are going to head out there!!

I flew with a dog in/out of LAX earlier this year. It was a bit more of a hassle than I was expecting, but not unmanagable. I'm used to flying in/out of O'hare all the time but for some reason they just are as efficient at moving people at LAX!

That being said I think I would do LAX again over Long Beach. I found very few airlines that fly into Long Beach and most have a connecting flight. Personally I'd rather do a direct flight and deal with LAX than I would have a connecting flight with a dog.

Coming in was easy, going out give yourself at LEAST 4 hrs before your flight. We had a 9am flight and stood in line at least an hour just to get to the ticket booth and check the dog in.

Hope that helps