Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Locked Registration

So check this out- If you use MY AKC to keep records, you can keep the breeding record, whelping record, and register the litter directly from those records. When the litter is registered, the puppy AKC#s will appear in the MANAGE PUPPIES tab of the breeder records for the dam. You can then fill out the new owner's name, color, sex, markings AND WHETHER OR NOT IT IS FULL OR LIMITED REGISTRATION! You can then choose to LOCK the registration so the new owner can't sign for a full registration instead of limited. Better than blacking out numbers and hoping for the best. You choose to have that puppy in the system as Limited. Finally AKC did something right!

Re: Locked Registration

yes but you are offering information about your buyers to AKC with out their consent.
What if they never register the litter and all of a sudden they are getting mail and offers from AKC.

cut the numbers out and there is no problems and the owner can decide if they want AKC to have their information.

If they register their puppy with AKC(and don't we all want them to register the puppies???), the AKC will have their info anyway, so what's the big deal?

Exactly. The whole idea is prevent them from registering full rather than limited- they are giving their info to register anyway. I WANT my pups registered, at least that way they might be traced back to me if there are issues down the road, could help me get them back if there is a problem.

many families that buy pet puppies dont care to register or never do.
They are only wanting a well bred puppy.

this past year AKC wants faxes of your litter forms...it is another way of collecting personal information.

I dont fax my copies and will not use the online system to give them private information of families that may have no intention of registering the dog.
And no I dont care if the pet pups are not registered, what great purpose does that serve for you?

Well, for one thing- you know those pesky little AKC processing fees tacked onto our show entries? Those are to make up for all the pet registrations that never made it in. AKC is not Big Brother. They are NOT the enemy. They are trying to run a true pedigree service and competent show process so WE can have reliable breeding stock. Maybe if they go bankrupt we can pay $50.00 an entry for a show. Bet you'd be urging your pet buyers to register then....

Another thing- if they don't register the pups, they are still in your name as far as AKC record keeping is concerned. Be prepared when they knock on your door.

my AKC paperwork is perfect
never had an issue with an inspection and always enjoy the visit from the area rep, shes a really nice lady.

Just because the pup is not registered does not make it mine.
every pup has bill of sale and I will gladly offer this information when necessary but it is not my decision if families don't want their personal information passed on to a organization they are interested in joining.

sorry but that is my opinion...client confidential