Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Describe your ideal Breeder program please

If you had a magic wand - and could simply create a food/program to feed your kennel, what would it look like?

Please describe as much as you care to .

Re: Describe your ideal Breeder program please

If I had a magic wand, I would make it a FREE food program

Buy 5 get one free, free samples/literature/coupons for puppy people Free tote bags, leashes, etc for puppies to go home with. Lots of puppy coupons

I would like to see a CONSISTENT all life stage food that is high enough in protien and fat to sustain puppies, nursing mothers, bitches in whelp as well as working and pet dogs. Consistencey is the main objective....getting one bag that is fine and the next that causes loose stools is unacceptable. Buying 5 bags getting one free would be a nice bonus to consistent food. Coupons andpuppy packs woulld be fabulous for new puppy families as well.

Foodie
I would like to see a CONSISTENT all life stage food that is high enough in protien and fat to sustain puppies, nursing mothers, bitches in whelp as well as working and pet dogs. Consistencey is the main objective....getting one bag that is fine and the next that causes loose stools is unacceptable. Buying 5 bags getting one free would be a nice bonus to consistent food. Coupons andpuppy packs woulld be fabulous for new puppy families as well.

And readily available nationwide.

I would start with CONSISTENT QUALITY food that appeals to breeders who are interested in the health of their dogs.

I would minimize the types of food I offer, but I would offer the following basics:
Performance Adult
Sensitive Skin Adult
Lower Cal/Maint for Seniors or Couch Potatoes
Puppy Food

And I would offer two types of canned food:
"I don't want to eat but LOVE this (for picky eaters)"
"Fix my tummy it is upset (w/fiber & pro biotics)"

Then as posted before, the reward program of buy 5 get one free, free samples/literature/coupons for puppy people. Free tote bags, leashes, etc for puppies to go home with. Lots of puppy coupons!

Then I would make a "Breeder Bag" and a "General Public Bag." I like to use food that I can recommend no matter where my puppies go in the continental USA. But if you had a large store aka PetSmart/Petco as examples that breeders could work with to order "Breeder Bags"...yes the 44lb ones...no wussy 20lb bags for us! It would be wonderful and the stores would benefit from our being there as most of us have other animals we buy for too.

Oh, and in case you are REALLY interested in our business...DON'T even look like your company supports HSUS or PETA!

Canidae
* has a breeder buy 5 get one free deal
* has coupons
* has 468 cals per cup
* 24/14.5 for ALS, (34/18 for grain free ALS)
* 44 pound bags
* I pay .89$ a pound before coupons on the ALS
* comes in ALS, ALS grain free, oldtimer food, grain free salmon, chic and rice, lamb and rice, and beef and fish formulas
* good ingredients: ALS ingredients
Chicken meal, turkey meal, lamb meal, brown rice, white rice, rice bran, peas, potatoes, oatmeal, cracked pearled barley, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), millet, tomato pomace, natural flavor, flaxseed meal, ocean fish meal, choline chloride, sun cured alfalfa meal, inulin (from chicory root), lecithin, sage extract, cranberries, beta carotene, rosemary extract, sunflower oil, yucca schidigera extract, dried enterococcus faecium, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, dried bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation solubles, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid, cobalt proteinate, organic selenium, papaya, pineapple.

Ditto the suggestions on buy 5, get one free, and lots of puppy coupons. I'd also like a food with high quality ingredients, with a meat meal as the first ingredient; prefer no corn or fillers; and no flaxseed meal in any of the formulations (it's estrogenic, and linked anecdotally to reproductive problems). Finally, I'd like the formula to stay the same- no unannounced ingredients substitutions or "improvements"- and bag sizes that remain the same, too. I can dream, can't I?!

I won't try to design a food - I just don't have the education required for that. But I would like to be able to have large quantities delivered to my home - a pallet or 6 bags (free delivery with a bulk discount) instead of having to go out and buy it.

You forgot to add that Canidae gives runny stools, loss of bone and substance for puppies being no puppy formula, and did I mention runny stools.

I think a better deal might be Natures Select.. better ingredients than Canidae and only .7o per pound at $35 for 50#!
www.paulspetfood.com

Canidae...YUK!!
You forgot to add that Canidae gives runny stools, loss of bone and substance for puppies being no puppy formula, and did I mention runny stools.

I think a better deal might be Natures Select.. better ingredients than Canidae and only .7o per pound at $35 for 50#!
www.paulspetfood.com

No need to get nasty. I guess Canidae didn't work for you :) I've had very good luck with it and no runny stool. I checked out your suggestion and it has more fillers, flaxseed, and beet pulp shreds. So it may be a bargain but I'll pass. To each their own.