Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bald spot

Today I took my boy for a nice walk at a park, he got a small tick above his eye. I tried to carefully grasp it to pull it out, and couldn't get it. I got my tweezers so I could get a better grip. I asked my boyfriend to hold his head so I could tweeze it out. He took it upon himself to pull it out with his fingers, and also a boatload of hair. He's supposed to be shown at Mid-Jersey in 4 days. What can I do to cover up the bald spot above his eye?

Re: Bald spot

what color dog is he?

Surely it would just be seen as a slight 'war wound'.

It is not something which would worry me in the slightest as as judge

Yank out a chunk of your boyfriends hair and glue it on your dog

If it bothers you that much then just chalk it a bit on the skin.

A small bald spot shouldn't be a problem. My pup was in his first show about a month ago and he had a shaved spot on his front leg from an IV. I almost pulled him because I thought the judge wouldn't take a second look at him. He did fine and took a first place in his class. Judges have dogs and they know the things that can happen that cause hair loss. Try not to worry and just enjoy the show.

My boy is black. I've beentold to use a sharpie? My boyfriend is bald, so I can't grab a chunk of his out ,lol. I still would like to though!

yes if it bothers you a magic marker can be just that at times. It probably won't bother a judge.

I recently got a point on a dog that had his entire neck region shaved because of a monstrous hot spot. We're talking a shaved region that was 6 X 10 inches at least.
It had maybe three weeks growth of hair on it. I wouldn't do anything to a tick bite.