Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scammers!

I can't believe the number of scammers out there!Had a recent inquiry about a nice show prospect male pup I have for sale only to realise(quickly!!!)it's another scam!You know the one-I will gladly send a cashiers check for more than.......Do people actually fall for this stuff!!!???Watch for him-Peter Mendez is the name he's using!Irritating!

Re: Scammers!

BEWARE ALL! SPAIN HAS BECOME AND IS NOW THE CENTER POINT OF SCAMS FOR DOGS TAKEN AND BEING SOLD TO EASTERN COUNTRIES AND AFRICA. USING CLUBS, ASSOCIATIONS AND LESS THAN HONORABLE INDIVIDUALS PROFESING TO BE IMPORTANT BREEDERS ETC. THEY ARE USING THESE INTERMEDIARIES THAT CAN PURCHASE DOGS IN THE USA AND IN EUROPE TO FURTHER TRANSFER THEM ACROSS FOR BIG MONEY! LABRADORS ARE THE NO.1 BREED GOING THERE. BEWARE!

The guy that emailed me also sent the same message to a Doberman breeder(I recognised the kennel name having grown up with Dobes/Shepherds),it's just nuts!Not only do we have to "grill"potential pet owners,but we have to deal with this garbage too!

I got the same email from the same guy. Just use your good judgement and delete his emails and dont waste your time with it. Its too obvious that its a scam. You really didnt fall for it at first? Here is the email I got from him..

My name is Peter Mendez,I saw your ads for the ??????? And I am interested in buying it.However I want you to email me with total price and description along with photos if there is any so we can communicate further about it.I await your response.
Thanks

Peter Mendez

Ofer
BEWARE ALL! SPAIN HAS BECOME AND IS NOW THE CENTER POINT OF SCAMS FOR DOGS TAKEN AND BEING SOLD TO EASTERN COUNTRIES AND AFRICA. USING CLUBS, ASSOCIATIONS AND LESS THAN HONORABLE INDIVIDUALS PROFESING TO BE IMPORTANT BREEDERS ETC. THEY ARE USING THESE INTERMEDIARIES THAT CAN PURCHASE DOGS IN THE USA AND IN EUROPE TO FURTHER TRANSFER THEM ACROSS FOR BIG MONEY! LABRADORS ARE THE NO.1 BREED GOING THERE. BEWARE!

THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING IN MEXICO. BEWARE!! IF YOU RECEIVE AN INQUIRY FROM MEXICO, CALL SOMEONE YOU KNOW AND ASK FOR THAT PERSON, YOU WILL BE SURPRISE. A LOT OF COUNTRIES ARE TURNING TO MEXICO TO GET WHAT THEY CANT GET HERE. A LOT OF BROKERS DOWN THERE THAT CALL THEMSELVES BREEDERS.

No,I did'nt fall for it,not even at 1st.I always open and read these.It amazes me anyone could fall for it!I emailed him back "good luck with your scam,were not stupid enough to fall for it!Good day to you".It just irritates me to no end that people do this!

Clark Howard the finance guy had a show it these scammers. This is their job, they do it all day long. If they can get just one person to fall for it each day then they make around $1000 a day, not bad money for a crook.

Brokers
Ofer

THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING IN MEXICO. BEWARE!! IF YOU RECEIVE AN INQUIRY FROM MEXICO, CALL SOMEONE YOU KNOW AND ASK FOR THAT PERSON, YOU WILL BE SURPRISE. A LOT OF COUNTRIES ARE TURNING TO MEXICO TO GET WHAT THEY CANT GET HERE. A LOT OF BROKERS DOWN THERE THAT CALL THEMSELVES BREEDERS.

I don't think this is a scam like the OP is talking about. It has another name.
Mexicans pay you the money and then they resell the dog to another country or to another Mexican 10 times the price they paid. I sold 2 dogs, 6 months appart, different "breeders" that turn out to be the same person or at least that same person sold the dogs to Guatemala and China, that's just me, I've heard many more that end up in the Orient, Argentina, etc.. If I trust someone with one of my dogs, I expect that the dog will be with that person all his life, I really hate to know that a couple of months later he has been sold, of course 10 times what he paid bothers me, but saying that they are reputable breeders in Mexico and what they really are is dog brokers is worst.
They are marketing wizards and it's their job, they don't care about the dogs, they just want to sell sell sell, it's all about money for them.
Be very carefull with Mexico.

The same thing is happening in Spain, but they all claim to be reputable, club/association directors and members, and the latest and greatest is importing dogs from the USA. They buy, pay and import and sometimes the dogs keep on going after a long trip to their final destinations for BIG $$$$$$$ BEWARE!

It could be the same group.
Because of the language, a lot of Mexicans can only deal with Spain because most of them "No Inglish" and only speak spanish.

Thanks for the info, I was dealing with one of this "breeders", just in time.

If in Spain give me a name and I can check it out for you if you wish.

Ofer
If in Spain give me a name and I can check it out for you if you wish.

Thanks but I can't post names here, and besides, they are from Mexico, one is a "breeder" and his partner is a "handler", they want three bitches for show.
I will check them out with the only 2 well known breeders I know in Mexico.

I got the info.
Both said the same thing:
GET OUT OF THERE!, and they are looking for 10 bitches, not three, one by one, they want them so they can resell them as a group with all the best blood lines in them, nobody knows who their client is. They are bussiness men, all they want is money, even do one is a hanlder and well conected, this is their bussiness, the handler has connections and the breeder has money, my suggestion as a person who love dogs is, don't do anything with this people.
Be very carefull if you are going to sell your dogs to Mexico, ask around before you make a mistake and see one of your dogs advertising stud services in the Mexican ebay to just anyone.

There are many great people in Mexico, breeders or hobby, you just have to know who they are, not many, but there are.

Good luck!