Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wellness OR Natural Balance

Looking for experiences with both Wellness Simple Solutions Duck and Rice, or Dick Van Patten Limited Ingredients grain free Duck & Potato.

Tried Pinnacle and it's too rich. Stool was more soft...

Looking to avoid GI upset if at all possible.

TIA!

Re: Wellness OR Natural Balance

No experience with these foods - we feed Orijen. In order to avoid a problem switching, Eagle Pack makes a transition powder that's WONDERFUL!! Use it for 7 days and no problems with switching foods.

Eagle Pack also makes great foods!

Thanks. Am looking for a single protein . carb source, like duck/ potato, duck/ rice..

That's what I've heard too.

Some of the Wellness kibbls are pretty rich. I do like Taste of the Wild and they have their Buffalo which is really good. We use their Pacific Stream though. It's also less expensive than some of the Wellness kibbles and for sure the Orijen kibbles.

For a one protein source, I use Taste of the Wild's Pacific Stream Canine Formula. It's Salmon and Sweet Potatoes. My dog loves it.

Cindy, Eagle Pack makes a good Duck food. I think it's even duck/potato, can't remember.

Fromm Four star makes a Duck and Sweet potato with no wheat or corn. I used the Natural Balance and switched because their coats were not the greatest. Good Luck!

Wellness is a good food but beware of the gas! lol

Stared using Natural Balance about 7 months ago on my Black girl, started with the Veg. formula Best coat she ever had thick and shiny just switched over to the Potato & Duck about a 2 months ago still like what I see and she loves it but then she is a Lab...