Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy Returned with Unknown Food

We had a puppy that we bred dropped off yesterday. Won't go in specifics as not a very good story but a very good lesson on being more careful with puppy placements. Anyway, the food being fed to the puppy (now 4 mos old) was pink heart-shaped kibble. Since a small amount of the food was brought to us in a white garbage bag, we do not know what it is. Put puppy back on food the litter was fed; but need to identify the pink food as the puppy's nutritional needs were not met and she requires treatment. Does anyone know what brand of food this may be? TIA

Re: Puppy Returned with Unknown Food

A second opinion from another member of the family - the food is more on the beigey side for color instead of pinky and more of a cressent shape then a sloppy heart-shape. Hope this helps anyone to assist in identifying it.

Could this be it
http://www.beneful.com/Dog-Food/Default.aspx

What I would do is go with a baggie full to all the local stores ie. Target, Walmart, any and all in the area. Especially if the family was local. Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.

Could even be cat food if the pup was malnurished

Just me but I would throw that food away and just put the pup back on your regular puppy food. I dont see how it would make any difference at this point what the food was that the pup was on. If its just your curiosity, call the people up and ask them. It might save you alot of guessing. Just move on... JMO

Dog Whisperer Puppy Formula
Featuring certified organic, free range chicken as the #1 ingredient, Dog Whisperer Puppy Formula represents optimal nutrition for puppies and 100% of their needs for healthy growth. Essential fatty acids and DHA help support brain and vision function. Complex carbohydrates contribute to healthy blood sugar and energy levels. Scientifically balanced Omega 6/Omega 3 fatty acids promote clear skin and a luxurious coat. Antioxidants help support the immune system. Uncompromising nutrition for those most important years in a puppy's life.

Unique heart-shape kibble reminds pet parents that, according to Cesar Millan, feeding is a reward for physical and psychological exercise. Puppies should be in a calm, submissive state when it's mealtime.

Certified organic by the Organic Crop Improvement Agency (OCIA). Made in the USA in a certified organic production facility with over 70% certified organic ingredients. All ingredients - organic and non-organic - are reviewed and approved by the organic certifying agency for inclusion in Dog Whisperer Puppy Formula. ALL finished product is tested by an independent lab to ensure there are no traces of melamine or cyanuric acid (the two contaminants associated with the pet food recalls), Salmonella, E-Coli or other toxins BEFORE being released for sale.

http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_dwhome_Nav_589.aspx

I hope this helps.