Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Round of Applause!

The labrador community should send out a huge round of applause to the group of people who created and graciously manned the Labrador booth at the AKC Meet the Breeds this weekend at the Javits Center in Manhattan. It was a great place to stop, rest and snuggle with a labrador, LITERALLY!!

There were phenomenal photos illustrating the well roundedness of our wonderful breed. I know that Micki and Sarita must be exhausted after working so hard at the Mid Jersey specialty, then going into the Javits and setting up such an elaborate display. It was definitely a crowd favorite.

I apologize, I do not know the names of all involved, but everyone should be proud and commended for a job well done.

Get some well deserved rest!

Re: Round of Applause!

I wholeheartedly agree. The contingent from MJLRC and maybe elsewhere was wonderful, filling a double booth with Labradors, info, video, and many of the comforts of home. They showcased some of the MANY talents of this wonderful breed in the field, the ring, agility, service and search work, customs, etc.! Micki's dogs were great, even helping a little girl get over her fear of strange dogs with a gentle kiss and snuggle. The child left with a smile, skipping down the aisle this morning. Loved some of the ribbons that were hanging from local BOB specialty winner(s) too. What a great job they all did, even if we couldn't bring bird and guns into the Javitts Center to showcase the gundog talents. I'd love to see a link to a photo of the booth if anyone has one--by the time I got back there, things were too crowded to get much in the picture. Other Labs were with the Metro. Transit Authority Police, with obedience/agility/rally school demos, including the NOC and a former rescue, with service dog places, etc. The Labs, even after 2 long days of public adoration and petting, did not give up on the strangers like some other dogs there did. Thanks again, Sarita and Micki and everyone who helped put on this important show, including the wonderful Labs from Brooklyn.

Thanks for doing such a good job!

Charlotte K.
I wholeheartedly agree. The contingent from MJLRC and maybe elsewhere was wonderful, filling a double booth with Labradors, info, video, and many of the comforts of home. They showcased some of the MANY talents of this wonderful breed in the field, the ring, agility, service and search work, customs, etc.! Micki's dogs were great, even helping a little girl get over her fear of strange dogs with a gentle kiss and snuggle. The child left with a smile, skipping down the aisle this morning. Loved some of the ribbons that were hanging from local BOB specialty winner(s) too. What a great job they all did, even if we couldn't bring bird and guns into the Javitts Center to showcase the gundog talents. I'd love to see a link to a photo of the booth if anyone has one--by the time I got back there, things were too crowded to get much in the picture. Other Labs were with the Metro. Transit Authority Police, with obedience/agility/rally school demos, including the NOC and a former rescue, with service dog places, etc. The Labs, even after 2 long days of public adoration and petting, did not give up on the strangers like some other dogs there did. Thanks again, Sarita and Micki and everyone who helped put on this important show, including the wonderful Labs from Brooklyn.

Congrats to Micki and Sarita, .

Thank you all for the compliments. To say we're exhausted is an understatement.
Micki is to be applauded for her idea that set the ball rolling. She worked hard at setting up and I was there for Sunday, as I had some other MJLRC duties to take care of on Sat. We need to thank the rest of the team -
Amy, Todd, Patrick,Charlotte, & Mary Fairchild, Michael Wiest, Steven & Maryanne Bove,- all MJLRC members.Our friends Sandy, QI, Diana (Micki's sister) for the help setting up and breaking down.
I know I'm forgetting a bunch of names, but my brain is still a bit fuzzy.
Micki and I are both so tired still we haven't opened the plastic on the new LQ! Now that's TIRED!!!!

Thanks again
Sarita