Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
look, now you can call an 800# to order up your new puppy :(

Came upon this while searching for a kennel.
So very sad.
They even claim to have relationships with "some of the most respected breeders".
Wonder who those are?
This whole site made my stomach turn
They have several web addresses that lead to this same site.
Sick!

http://www.labpuppiesforsale.net/
http://www.newyorklabradorbreeders.com/ny-puppies-for-sale/

Re: look, now you can call an 800# to order up your new puppy :(

I have noticed those for most states. It must be some sort of national service. Pretty pathetic. Just an internet savvy puppy mill promotor.

Is this really any different from a site listing numerous litters by various breeders?

I am not saying that I support this, just a different way of thinking about it.

These people do not have all of these pups in one location - they are puppies that are available by various breeders that are just listed there.

It is just like going to a site that lists litters and breeders that have puppies for sale - and then clicking and going.

Again, I am not supporting this way of advertising, it should be more personable etc

You need to read more indepth. This is a broker and they have a specific guarantee on all the puppies listed. The puppies DO belong to them and no doubt come from mills.

Hmm
Is this really any different from a site listing numerous litters by various breeders?

These people do not have all of these pups in one location - they are puppies that are available by various breeders that are just listed there.

It is just like going to a site that lists litters and breeders that have puppies for sale - and then clicking and going.

Again, I am not supporting this way of advertising, it should be more personable etc

Not that I am for this time of advertisement but when you think about it, is it any different than say breeders who have dozens of co-own bitche all around the country with puppies back ? I see the breeder of these co-owns advertising their co-own litters on their websites all the time. I don't see anything wrong with this. It seems like a smart way to go about finding good homes for the pups out on co-own. Of course you still need to do all the screening of the people wanting to buy pups over the internet.

This site seems very fishy to me. August born puppies pictured in the snow? Lots of red flags.

Well, we did have 2 inches of snow in southwestern New York state a week and a half ago...

Wow, M - poor you! Hope it melted and you got some nice Fall weather. I guess the charitable thing for me to do would be to assume those pups were from somewhere that did have snow.

Lol, it did melt after a day and a half...but I live in the "snow belt", it comes off of Lake Erie. Not unusual for us to have snow here to stay by the end of October, and it sticks around well into April. But the dogs LOVE it, and it's good exercise for them. I'm having my studded snow tires put on on Monday . As far as the 1-800 number goes, I agree with you. Finding a new pup should be more personal than just calling an 800 number, but then again some advertise on craigslist too. I just hope these "reputable breeders"(if that's what they really are) are screening their families and not using it as a tool to shove their pups out the door in a super-speedy manner

I doubt they are "reputable breeders" - I think all they probably care about is the cash for the pups. Also, the "guarantee" is a total joke if you read it through.

Incredible!!!, is like an ebay for puppies, in some of them you just click buy, you put your billing information and your address, pay pal or checkout, and your new puppie is on the way. You don't have an idea who the breeder is, the pedigree and the breeder doesn't know who you are.

Click pay and your puppie is on the way.

This makes me sick!!!!!!!!!

Hmm

It's very different!

M
I just hope these "reputable breeders"(if that's what they really are) are screening their families and not using it as a tool to shove their pups out the door in a super-speedy manner

Just look more, with most of the puppies you just click in adopt me now and:
Laradeo
Male Labrador Retriever (Puppy ID 148543) $1,095.00
Health Certificate $ 55.00
Airline-Approved Puppy Crate $ 45.00
Climate-Controlled Pet Class Flight $ 189.00
Total $1,384.00

Your Information
Full Name:
Street Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
E-mail Address:
Phone Number:
Alternate Phone Number:
If you spoke with one of our puppy counselors, enter his or her name:

Billing Information
Full Name:
Billing Address:
Billing City:
Billing State:
Billing Zip:
Billing Country:

No questions, if your card is good, the puppie is yours.

If I see one more BYB describe a dog using "big and blocky"/"English type", I shall decidedly puke.

GAHHHHHH...

Check out this site a friend alerted me to: www.walabs.com.
I've been checking it here and there and the same dogs seem to be perpetually pregnant. It may be better than the "ebay puppy site" though.

Looking at the sites, it looks also like people must be willing to pay quite a bit of $$$$ for some SERIOUSLY unattractive puppies I am sorry to say.

Just checked that site...

"Welcome to Washington, Oregon, Seattle, Portland Labradors"

Apparently there is some doubt in these peoples' minds as to where exactly they are...

So it would seem. Also the copious use of the word "AKC", probably to drive up their positioning on Internet search engine when someone types in "AKC labs".

Not looking for flames, just a question along the same lines...are there any decent websites a reputable breeder CAN use to advertise and find good pet homes for their pups? Or do most of you just rely on your own personal websites and word of mouth?

I used breeders.net with my last litter and got plenty of serious inquiries from nice, intelligent folks.

I have no problem with an internet resource with litter links, etc to help connect breeders with puppy buyers. The problem with this site is that it is like buying a pair of shoes, you just provide your visa number and boom the puppy comes in the mail. It appears to have no screening of the buyers at all. I wonder what percentage of the puppies sold in this manner end up in shelters. It plays right into the mentality of impulse buying of that "cute dog" with the click of a mouse.

M
Well, we did have 2 inches of snow in southwestern New York state a week and a half ago...

We had 9 inches very wet and very heavy snow not nice for 2 days and nights here in central Pa. Northern part a day before it hit New York.. Took down trees including here and the leaves were still on the trees they were on the deck walkway to my kennel and I had to duck low to push the heavy stuff off to get to the kennel to care for the kids. They love it me not so much!We have snow early but usually not this heavy and deep !

Louise, sorry about your nasty heavy snow. Yuck! But double yuck to buying puppies sight unseen over the internet! Who in their right mind would do that?!? I once saw a puppy (a Shih Tzu) sold at a charity auction. The couple, who had knocked back a few, bought it spur of the moment. What a great way to make a decision like that. Sheesh!

Ick!
Louise, sorry about your nasty heavy snow. Yuck! But double yuck to buying puppies sight unseen over the internet! Who in their right mind would do that?!? I once saw a puppy (a Shih Tzu) sold at a charity auction. The couple, who had knocked back a few, bought it spur of the moment. What a great way to make a decision like that. Sheesh!

Well I agree there I do not sell to anyone at all anymore until I have 100% references from there vet,friends,family and whoever I can get them from Never again. Did it 2 times by other breeder recommends come to find out they never did know anything about them personally at all just from dog shows talk one . I did get that pup back that was to be left alone all day while they worked just another dog there. The very next 2 days she was home safe and sound and still here I decided to keep her. Then the other one was a Luna tick from New York and almost killed the pup overnight he was not screened either the pup was in the emergency hospital and I made the breeder that referred him to go and get the pup from the hospital, He fed him 3 bags of beg gin strips and severe runs and vomiting had to go onto fluids and other med's to make him well. They both received there money right back. Lat alone selling on a website like that one on here No one knows really about the new buyers. There are legit sites out there to advertise on. I have never used them . I will keep them before I let them go that way to a home. Money definitely talks!!!!

This add has been in this web for more than 2 years, same pictures, same stud, same words, no change in 2 years in his add.

In this year he has sold 234 puppies!!!!! just this year and all of them by the same stud, and for the bitch, no names, just that she has 10 champions in her pedigree.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-33587735-labradores-hijos-campeon-belleza-pedigree-internacional-o78-_JM

Can you beleive people buy from this site?

"There's a sucker born every minute".

Worst
This add has been in this web for more than 2 years, same pictures, same stud, same words, no change in 2 years in his add.

In this year he has sold 234 puppies!!!!! just this year and all of them by the same stud, and for the bitch, no names, just that she has 10 champions in her pedigree.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-33587735-labradores-hijos-campeon-belleza-pedigree-internacional-o78-_JM

Can you beleive people buy from this site?

I can't beleive this, how can one person that calls himself a breeder, has sold this year 234 puppies and from the same stud!, how many bitches does he have?
This person is an animal!!!!!