Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Public Thank You!

Micki Beerman of Brooklyn Labradors agreed to design, build and staff a public information booth for the AKC Meet The Breeds symposium on Long Island - with very little lead time. She and her team built a complete bedroom and the theme was America's #1 Family Pet. There was Labrador art, bedspreads, throws, lamps and Lab videos on the TV. Best of all, Micki greeted 20,000 visitors in her Labrador pajamas and slippers! Micki said that children who had been terrified of large dogs were soon crawling up on the bed to cuddle the Labs.

Micki and her dogs appeared on the Today Show, Fox News Weather, The Vet Channel, Animal Planet and other local news programs.

The public voted for the top booth. While a 'foo-foo' booth won, the LRC booth came in second be only a few hundred votes. There were no group prizes but nothing in the Sporting Group came close in number of votes. Thank you Micki, Sarita Gellman, Amy Fairchild (and Family), Dr. Ann Huntington, Stephen & Mary Ann Bove, Michael & Mary Wiest, Sandy Pollack, Linda Pensabene, and Qu Yin Chen for your hard work and for representing the purebred Labrador people so well!

Here's the URL to the photos. Sorry, I don't know how to post a link. http://s390.photobucket.com/albums/oo344/shelbyct/Meet%20the%20Breeds

Re: Public Thank You!

Wow, what a great job. I bet a good time was had by all. Too bad they could not just crawl into bed at the end of the day. After 20,000 people I'd be ready for a nap!

WOW is right, AnnDee! How creative of you all to do what you did. Thank you all so much for putting in your work and time to educate the public on our wonderful breed!
ps: if someone hasn't already, this should be put in the LQ and the LRC Newsletter....

I saw them on Fox news. They all looked fantastic! Thanks for a wonderful job showing the public that our dogs are the best!

Micki did a great job! Alot of work went into what she did. I must say, I loved those PJS.