Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jon and Kate + 8 gave back their puppies

How sad to see those 2 puppies in the online videos when the family goes to get them. The signs were all there. Kate states she could go her whole life w/o a dog and then when they are puppies has them downstairs and won't let them up in "her" kitchen. This stuff makes me vow to watch and listen with puppy buyers even more carefully.

Re: Jon and Kate + 8 gave back their puppies

I'm not all that surprised.
Personally, I think Kate would probably give a few kids back if it were possible. She seems to be a bit of a flake.

Why would any breeder sell puppies to a family with eight young kids??? No way.

I watched the show for 15 min quite a while ago. Maybe season 1.

Within 3 min, I felt the urge to choke Kate. She should have her mouth, and other orafices, taped shut.

Jon, the poor sap, should have high-tailed it out of her way a long long time and many kids ago.

I have an addiction to US Weekly magazine, and I've been following this whole John and Kate saga...it's disgusting what they're putting their kids through. My opinion is that those pups are WAY better off to have gone back to their breeder to be re-homed. Hopefully he screens his families better now, after being caught in the public limelight.

Eight is too many
Why would any breeder sell puppies to a family with eight young kids??? No way.

Some of the nicest, most responsible pet families I know of have at least that many kids. I have some of them in my 4-H club and they give much more time and attention to their dogs than 2 kid cookie cutter families where both parents work and kids are in lots of after school activities.

Very true, but I think what Eight is enough was trying to point out is that all eight kids were very young. If they had occurred naturally, they would have been spaced out so that you'd have a nice graduation from a few smallish kids to some older, more mature and responsible ones. With eight near-toddlers you're just asking for utter chaos and stress...definitely not an optimal puppy-raising environment.

wouldn't it be so easy to judge all of us through the eyes of a camera and the media...

They are human and apt to make mistakes. Eight children with six being all of the same age would make any sane person close to the edge of a break down. Look at your Labrador and soak up some of their tolerance.

W are not keepers of the human or dog world. Personally I think they are a lot like any other couple trying to get by...

Not a TV watcher- is this some sort of reality show?

Yes and you're not missing anything by not watching this kind of TV show! JMHO!

Look at it this way. At least they gave the puppies back to the breeder instead of dumping them somewhere or taking them to the pound. I have 6 children 9 years & under & I am thankful I had a couple of breeders take a chance on me. I now have several Labradors & my oldest in now showing in Juniors with a Papillon until he can better handle my Labs. My 6 year old daughter is working with the Labs so she can show.
i think they should have rethought the whole dog thing as Kate never wanted them in the first place. Besides when they orginally went to "look" they were only going to get 1 then they took 2. Crazy!!

I agree....I know a couple of families with 8 and 10 kids. Their dogs are the luckiest dogs in the world! They get loads of attention and are played with all day and get their choice of beds at night. Both of these families also have cats, fish, lizards etc...great homes.
I watched that show once, changed the channel after about 10 minutes. The adults made me sick!

Maybe the breeder who sold the 2 Shepherds to the Goslings got caught up in the glam of the TLC show. I've been watching Jon N Kate Plus 8 since almost the beginning just because those kids are so darn adorable but I knew from the beginning that if they ever adopted any dogs, it would be a disaster waiting to happen because Kate hates dog hair and dirt. She never minced her words when she would talk about it on her show. The next thing I'm watching their show on last season and their all out visiting this German Shepherd breeder's kennel, taking not 1 but 2 precious puppies home to their multi million dollar fancy home. I think Kate did it for the ratings or TLC talked her into it and Kate is and has always been into the lime light, look at me kind of thing. I hope they never adopt so much as a gold fish from here on out.