Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
show puppy

Could some one enlighten me as to what I would expect pay for a nice show puppy from different parts of the country?

Re: show puppy

Well, on the east and west coasts, you're probably looking at $1500-$2000, while in the midwest, it's more like $1000.

It depends. Here in the west but not the west coast, I expect to pay $1200 to $1500 depending on the breeding, how really good it looks and how close it is to showing.
A

Central midwest...$1k-$1,200.00 for a young prospect puppy. As it gets older, has prelims, etc...price goes up.

More importantly should be the fact that you are establishing a relationship with a breeder that you respect and can learn from. This is priceless. Do your homework, visit breeders and don't be in a hurry.

Call it a "potential" show puppy.
There is no guarantee this will work for you.

Amen, Pretty Please. You can finish a puppy/dog and have it not pass it's clearances. There are no guarantees. Or you can buy a show prospect and have it fall apart to never come back together again...it's all a gamble. The best thing you can do is have a great breeder/mentor and study, study, study.
A

And hope for the best! JMO!

In Southern California, it varys, a good price is $1500 for a 2nd or 3rd pick "potential Show puppy". With pre-lims(9-12 months old) about $2000.

Me
Central midwest...$1k-$1,200.00 for a young prospect puppy. As it gets older, has prelims, etc...price goes up.

More importantly should be the fact that you are establishing a relationship with a breeder that you respect and can learn from. This is priceless. Do your homework, visit breeders and don't be in a hurry.
BRAVO for what you said about getting to know a breeder that you can develope a relationship with and most importantly LEARN from! Be patient and the rest will come in time. I live on the East Coast and "show potential" pups seem to be around $1,500 to 3,000. Depends on the breeder and the breeding.

This past year I took into my home 2 show potential pups...both well known breeder 1st choice pups. Long Island-$1500.00,Sacramento-$1600.00. I'm very happy with both pups, and the relationships I established with their breeders are absolutely priceless.