Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mini Tube costs?

Does anyone know right off hand what the cost of Mini Tube's Chill 5 extender is per bottle and also what their shipping containers cost? I can't find the cost on their website.

Do stud owners charge extra for their shipping costs to get the extender (to themselves) overnight too?

Thank you.

Re: Mini Tube costs?

Stud owners require you to send the extender to them along with the boxes. You will pay for the extender and have to pay the shipping fee to send it to them. Mini Tube is $25. per bottle plus shipping fees.

You can call the Mini Tube people and ask, they are very good and friendly on the phone, and are used to lots of questions. Typically the bitch owner orders and ships the box and the extender to the stud dog owner, at the bitch owner's expense. Unless the stud dog owner own their own shipping boxes that you mail back. I think it was a round $75 to purchase and ship 2 vials of Chill 5 when I did it last.

I have always sent two boxes plus two bottles to the stud dog owners. They all require that as pretty much standard procedure. If you have your own boxes you can save and just pay for 2 bottles of Minitube to be sent. That would total $50. and then you need to ship whereever it is going. $75.-85. sounds right to me without boxes, $125-150. with boxes.

It always has to go overnight and it is expensive to ship, but they all are. The extender needs to get to the stud dog house before is thaws if Clone or Camalot or gets warm if Minitube.

I just purchased and shipped 2 extenders. Cost was $105 total.

Mini tube has just increased their prices. I think the Chill 5 is $30. and the Chill 10 is now $35 or $36 per bottle.

I bought Chill 10 and a box a couple of months ago. The total for all of it--including shipping--was about $175. Shipping for the extender was $85 of that total though

Has anyone been having issues with Chill 5 lately? ie. females not end up being prego?

I have had issues all last year shipping semen. used Clone twice and had semen shipped in and out with the Minitube 10 with the dgg yolk 5 times. Most bitches not pregnant.All done with progestrone timing and several inseminations. Some semen was sent to large fertility clinics and used and they said all looked good...no puppies on my end or on their end either...

I used Chill 5 in Feb for the first time (actually I think we used the 10 for the first breeding). My vet loved it-- all looked great and my girl had 8 nice pups in april. Just did a breeding 6 wks ago with her sister, different stud, and once again, all looked great. Today if I had to guess, I'd say there are at least 8 there too. Both girls will be 6 yrs old in 3 wks so time wasnt necessarily on our side.

The kits cost me ~62 a piece, or ~$208 total for 2 w/ shipping to Maine from Minitube in WI.

Anne