Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Veteran's Day

For all of the Veterans on the forum, Thank you for your service! I have a sister deployed overseas, so a thank you also for all the military families out there as well for all the sacrifices you make. I always read the below by Abraham Lincoln on Veteran's Day (although it is more appropriate for Memorial Day). It never fails to bring tears.

Altar of Freedom
I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts, that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle. I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours, to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of Freedom.

Re: Veteran's Day

Amen to that!!

Re: Veteran's Day

And that quote was read in the opening scenes of "Saving Private Ryan", attributed to General George C. Marshall. And I also say "Amen" to that. As a two combat tour veteran of Vietnam with the 11th Cav, my hat is off to my brethren and our current comrades in arms. If I see you in a bar or restaurant, just remember - your money's not good here, I'm buying.

Re: Remembrance Day

To all the veterans of our past conflicts and those serving now, to my family, my friends and my loved ones who serve - Thank you for what you do and the sacrafices made...

Thank you Greg and all Veterans! Without you we would not have a country.

God Bless America and all those who strive to protect it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!