Comment
New Dog Food

Any one ever try:

Taste Of The Wild?

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/

Looks like great ingredients.

Anyone???

Re: New Dog Food

I have been using it for more than 1 year. allergies went away. It is worth the money. Excellent.

Which formula are you using? What kind of allergies?

This is not a new food

I guess I meant is it a Good food?

Yes - JMHO

Not a new food
This is not a new food

So it's not a new food, do you have experience with it is what the OP asked? She didn't ask for a correction, she asked for anyone that has used it and their experience. It's obviously *new* for her and would be new for me to use it also. I am interested in what users have to say, not if it's new or old.

Hi,

I think its a good food and its one of the most economical grain free diets. I can't attest to full results as I've only been feeding it for a couple months, but I like what I'm seeing. I've fed Eagle Power Pack and Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete in the past and still had trouble putting some weight on one dog in particular. He was getting 6 cups, yes that's 6 cups, of Eagle Power Pack a day and I still had trouble keeping weight on him. Don't even ask me about the huge piles of poop in the yard!! Since being on TOTW I've been able to feed him about 4 cups a day and gotten the weight gain that he needed. Watch out, your dogs will pack on the pounds quickly with this food....that has been one of the most frequently heard comments. I also have a picky eater who devours this food and one who gets diarrhea quite easily who adjusted very well. Time will tell on coats but we're coming into the winter months here in the midwest.

I've been using the product for about 2 years now. I alternate the Venison/Buffalo with the Duck, and will now start to alternate the Salmon every once in a while.

It's not for young pups, cal/phos too high of course, but I switched the youngsters over at 13 months or so.

As others have said it's not new. My dogs like it but the shedding on it is terrible!

We have been feeding this food for over 6 months now and feed the TOW Pacific Salmon formula- it's 25/15 and everyone is on it- from baby pups to geriatrics. We have less poop, great coats and made one dog's itchy feet go completely away. If one is having a hard time keeping weight on, feed the Bison formula, which is 32/25. Can't say enough good things about this food.

We fed it to everyone too for about 9 months. My first litter (mom on it during pregnancy and lactation) pups weaned on it and went home on it. I loved what it did for my adult dogs. We had to switch some to the salmon because the other stuff was so rich that they'd get loose stools if we were trying to put weight on (we field train our dogs). But we just switched off it a few months ago. That first litter had 3 pups with OCD. NOTHING in the father's 15 litters or the dam's previous litters either. Talked to a few other breeders and was told NOT to feed a grain free to any pups under 18 months. Didn't try that. We switched now and have had no issues. Since then had two more pups with OCD (1 in 3 different joints, no relation to the other litter). Just my 2 cents! But I did love it for the adults, just was too hard to switch around. Found Fromm and they do have a grain free turf and surf with good calcium and phos levels for pups even!

geesh!
Not a new food
This is not a new food

So it's not a new food, do you have experience with it is what the OP asked? She didn't ask for a correction, she asked for anyone that has used it and their experience. It's obviously *new* for her and would be new for me to use it also. I am interested in what users have to say, not if it's new or old.

Thanks, I guess I need to be more specific here
My girl has those horrible itchy/painful feet and nothing has helped her so far. So this is an option.

Okay, so now I'm curious... if a grain free food contributes to OCD lesions, what do grains offer that would prevent OCD lesions? I'm pretty sure that most grain in dog foods is milled, (which removes the most nutritious part, being the bran & the germ, which is also the part that contains the phosphorous and calcium), then perhaps is there some other ingredient or combination of ingredients they somehow offer? Anyone got any ideas??

Grains contribute to the overall protein level whereas grain free foods have most of the protein from meat. More meat=more calcium to balance the high phosphorus content. Grain free usually has a higher protein level too.

Where in the Charleston Area might you find this food?

Please email me privately and I'll send you in the right direction.

I have just decided to switch to TOW High Prairie and did look into feeding this to pups. The calcium is way too high for pups. I spoke to the vet at Taste of the Wild and she agreed. Lab pups should be on lower calcium. I am going to try ProPlan Perf. (with a low calcium level) for puppies.