Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Walter Sommerfelt

Anyone have experience with this judge? Know what he likes? TIA

Re: Walter Sommerfelt

Where is he judging? What's the scoop?

Upcoming all breed show. Trying to decide whether to make the drive. Judge on the other day was recently discussed, and it was mixed reviews on that judge. I realize there are no guarantees, but if I hear good things, may convince the hubby that he needs to go on yet another road trip.

I showed to him once. I'm done.

Funny thing is you just never know. I thought I had entered under a judge and she happened to be judging the next day. I wasn't going to enter under the judge on Sat as she had never even given one of my dogs a class placement. I have shown dogs to her many times over the years. Well figured I was entered may as well go. She gave my dog winners and best opposite. Just blew my socks off. Wasn't even expecting a ribbon. So as so many people have told me over the years you can't win if you aren't there. Good luck.

He has handler friends, and if they show him a decent dog, game over.

He and Karen Wilson are the judges at Greater Clark County in Ridgefield WA.

I have been doing my own research on these judges as well trying to decide whether or not to go.

Me too, Cindy. Would be a good excuse to Xmas shop in Portland no matter the judging. Both judges are from back East per the AKC site, so may not know all the handlers here? Me being naive?