Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nature's Variety Prairie

How about Nature's Variety, (not the instinct--the regular kibble)? Are you happy with it for adults, coats, stools? How about feeding it to pregnant bitches or lactating bitches, or weaning puppies to it, any reason not to? The calcium phosphorus ratio looks good for pups, and the protein and fat is not too high. Thoughts? I despise this food merry-go-round, I want to find a good food and stay with it!

Re: Nature's Variety Prairie

I've had very good luck with the NV Prairie. I love the fact that I can rotate from flavor to flavor without having to transition. My dogs range in age from 11 months to 12 years....all are doing well. My puppy was weaned on NV and I believe his Mom was fed NV through her pregnancy as well. We have nice coats, muscle and energy level as well as nice firm stools. Had tried switching to a couple of different foods a while back to save money and went right back to the NV Prairie. This food just really seems to agree with my dogs. I feed the canned and freeze dried raw too! Best of luck with your food search.

Go to www.dogfoodadvisor.com
VERY informative website and he is rating different dogfoods everyday!! Really did his homework. Surf the site, touches on all kinds of interesting stuff!
great day everybody!

Switched two dogs over to this, my lab and a shih tzu-beleive it or not the lab would not eat it, the shih tzu is doing great on it-go figure.

Has anyone fed Merrick line with success?

I've tried many foods, but this is my favorite by far. All my dogs do well on this food. I like everything about it. When you are able to order the breeder bags, the price is reasonable too.

LOVE this food. All my dogs to very well on it. Nice coats, small firm poops, white teeth, no goopy ears.

I DID have an issue with customer service. Apparently I wasnt the ony one and it has been resolved.

I fed Prairie to a Pregnant?Lactating bitch and her puppies. Wonderful results. All pups are still on it> New owners even switched their prior dogs on it it.

I also tried TOTW. Same results, however I noticed more poops.