Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Other Breed(s)

Other than your Labradors, what other breed(s) do you have?

Re: Other Breed(s)

Are there are other breeds?

I have 3 Toy Fox Terriers. They are a neat little dog and get along great with my Labs.

I have a Chihuahua and a Belgian Malinois.

I have a Chihuahua and would never be without one!

Havanese! And a token cocker...

Cavalier(s)! great personality and keeps up with the labs

This is fun to see what ya'll have...Papillons here!

Pug and a Frenchie

Ingrid
Pug and a Frenchie

Flat Coated Retriever-(Love Them)

OOPS Should be a thumbs UP

Cairn Terrier

The Corgi keeps the Labs in line-- he chooses who goes out when-- who gets the ball or bumper.... who gets in the car first!

Curly Coats......the antics are never ending!

Sherry L. Anderson
This is fun to see what ya'll have...Papillons here!

An old Maltese here but I aspire to have Papillons some day!!

Great Pyrenees, they are the true working dog and amaze me daily with the natural instinct.

5 yr old female Old English Mastiff!

We have a Brussels Griffon

Australian Cattle Dog....a blast to own!

Chihuahua, Jack Russel/Doxi cross and my daughters Shar Pei.
All get along great with the labs and yup the Chihuahua calls all the shots.

We have a JRT( and no she is definitely not a Parson Russell, legs are way to short)
a Miniature Pinscher and a Dacshund/Min Pin cross. I would love to show Min Pins someday, they are a blast! And I will never be without a JRT or a Parson,I just love how they get long with my labs and they are great vermin eradicators. I call them my environmentally friendly mole/vole control :)

I had Newfoundlands, too much grooming for me, but majors were easy to find!!

I have a fifteen year-old Miniature Smooth Coat Dachshund, and an 8 month old Miniature Longhaired Dachshund. We call them LabraHunds! They think they're short-legged labradors!
LOVE them!!

I have one cat . . . does that count? LOL

He thinks it does!

Australian Cattle Dog here too!

A Blue and Gold Macaw here !!!

a husband.......................................

Linda Curpier
A Blue and Gold Macaw here !!!

I am working on that too!

We've got two English Cockers that can retrieve with the best of them!

Beagle- sweet but LOUD!!!

Older and not wyzer
a husband.......................................

Great answer!!!

Great Danes and Rottweilers here.

Siberians, 3 cats and a bunch of fish....they all live happily together, except for the odd look from the Sibes ...can I Mom, just one bite...they look so good...(no you may not have the cats as a snack)

A pug who thinks he is a lab!

I have a Sussex Spaniel so my Lab has something to laugh at while I am at work. Also, Alpha is a 16 yr old Am Eskimo/Pembroke Corgi mix.

We have 2 long haired Chihuahuas that think they are labs.... will always have one !!!

I have Cockers, one is 16 years old the other 5 years old. They do think that they are Labs. I would like either a Chi or Pap some day to show. My cockers are rescues but are shown in Obedience.

Dachshund. It is so funny to watch my lab and dachshund play!!

Long haired Standard Daschund and 2 mini wirehaired great addition to my labby family

We have chessies and they are great with the labradors.

Dalmatians...super with the Labradors and very cool dogs. Like Labradors, good breeding is a must.

Cats now but if I was going to add another breed, it would be a Toller. I heard them described as a "border collie with an off switch". That may or may not be true but I love their look!

We use to have 3 English Springer Spaniels, and they would definitely keep the Labs inline.

Now its a Siamese mix cat, 2 Arabians, a Han cross, a percheron/TB cross and Labs - where the cat thinks shes the ruler of everyone

we have an 11 year old aussie as well. She works hard to be the boss and to keep everyone herded up, but the labs just roll around on the ground and laugh.....she gets so offended I can see it in her eyes :O)

No other dog breeds here now, but I have several cats, a blue & gold macaw, and about 10 Standardbred horses.

Cavaliers of course! I still miss their opposites, our long lived Canaan Dog, and the Cesky Terrier. Labs, the dogs for all reasons and all seasons. However, the Cavaliers grow up to be the size of a Lab puppy, with their sociability. Too bad Cavaliers don't come in solid black in this century! I love the broken colored and the ruby, but have this Lab bias against tan eyebrows, cheeks, rear, and feet!

Two Pomeranians and a Ch/RA American Staffordshire Terrier. I had a Pit Bull who thought he was a Lab, could do water retrieves - the dummy just came back a little flat.

My first breed was the Dalmatian, and they kept the Labs in good shape. My Dals were liver/white.

Belgian Malinois are awesome!!!!

German Shepherds

One spayed Minpin. Used to always run two but am trying to quit. *S*

Miniature Long Coat Dachshund

FUN THREAD!!

2 Border Terriers - provide hours of entertainment and blood & guts on the porch from various critters

1 Bernese Mountain Dog - leased out as a chick magnet and interior redecorator

1 black feral cat - usually treed by the BT's

1 Blue Tick Coonhound - Bob Barker - dumped here 3 yrs ago and hubby took a shine to 'em, stricken by the Jed Clampett syndrome...........sigh........

Newfies

I have one VERY social puffer fish. One day I want a Frenchie. I love their faces.

I have my first PAPILLION!!!!!!
Her name is Twitter and boy does that fit.
Alot said in a small space.
Love her to death.

Valerie

we *had* a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. He lived a long and healthy life with us- I won't have another. He taught me that breed does matter it is NOT all about how your raise a dog. Labs fit us and that is where we'll stay! He was beautiful though and at the time we only needed 4 for a 3pt major

Basset