Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dog food, what kind?

Hello everybody :)
I am just curious on what kind of food you are giving your dogs? I give mine Pro Pac superpremium pet food and I am happy with what it does for my dogs. Have any of you tried Pro Pac for your dogs? If not what kind of dog food are you feeding your dogs?

Re: Dog food, what kind?

I feed my adults Pro Pac Large Breed Adult and puppies older than 8 weeks Pro Pac Large Breed Puppy

Mine get ProPlan. Most get the regular Chicken and Rice in the purple and orange bag. Some get the ProPlan Sensitive Skin and Stomach. My puppies get ProPlan Chicken and Rice.

I don't do Large Breed adult or LB puppy food. IMO it's a gimmick and Labs are not a large breed dog.

Ok thanks for this.
According to them Labradors are considdered as large breed

Large breed food, especially for a dog considered a medium breed by the breed standards, is not necessary. IMO of course.

The dog food companies are using the food as a gimmick to sell dog food.

Hi I feed a food call Taste of the Wild Bison and Venison Formula I jsut changed to this food 3 months ago and you would not believe the differance in coat and muscle mass it has done to my adult dogs and puppies as well

Laura
Large breed food, especially for a dog considered a medium breed by the breed standards, is not necessary. IMO of course.

The dog food companies are using the food as a gimmick to sell dog food.

Agree. I use Eukanuba performance

I also feed Eukanuba, Active formula.

Royal Canine Labrador Mix, Preimum Edge Lamb and Rice, Taste of the Wind Pacific Steam, and Dick Van Pattens (yellow bag) I can't think of the name. Different dogs different foods.

Switched to Orijen three months ago. Was on Proplan very happy with switch. Coats great.

My adults are on Solid Gold Wolf King and my pupies are on SOlid Gold Wolf Cub. The adults are doing wonderfully on a lot less food hence a lot less poo to clean up and my pups are growing nicely and very healthy.