Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ABE

Please indulge me as I sit here at 3:00 in the morning, not wanting morning to come, knowing it must and praying what follows goes quickly.
Today, I am putting down my beloved Abe. . .

Abe, the dog, who is not in your pedigree.
Abe, the dog, who never finished his championship, but gallantly tried.
Abe, the dog who loved other dogs, all people and especially all children.
Abe, the dog, who in all his misery is still wagging his tail.
Abe, who loved me the most.. . the perfect Labrador.

I am writing this because I need to and because on this Forum there are lots of you with lots of Abes.

ABE
Our darkest hour
You not able to rise
I'll remember for you
You and me
Running
You always ahead
You always looking back
"There you are."
"Can't you taste the air?"
"Can't you smell the water?"
And splash, you are in!
Swimming
Legs moving
Don't look back this time
Don't come back this time
And off you go.

Re: ABE

My thoughts are with you, rejoice him for all the GRAND times that he has brought to you!

When it comes time to let Abe go this morning you will be giving him the final gift of love....you will be releasing him from his painful worn old body. In reading you tribute to him I can sense the love and respect you shared with him. He has been a lucky boy....the Champion of your heart. I too had a special boy "Sailor" who will be waiting for Abe at the bridge for a swim. My thoughts are with you and your special boy "Abe"

Rest easy sweet Abe. He will be free soon, and thankful for all the wonderful moments and the journey he shared with you. Although I know your heart will be heavy with this loss, your life was enriched with his spirit. He will always be in your heart.

Beth, I am so sorry. Though many on this board may not remember Abe, I certainly do. I also read this with a heavy heart because for the first time I am starting to think his friend, my Ringo, may not be far behind him. It seems like yesterday they were both in the ring together. I do know of one young dog who lives on with Abe in her pedigree, and the owner of this dog's sire, whom I bred, recently got a letter saying how great a dog she is and how happy she is to have her. My heart is breaking for you, God speed sweet Abe.

{{HUGS}} Beth. A tough morning for you. One that we all face..sometimes much sooner than expected.

Godspeed Abe...you will be among all of our well loved 4 legged friends that are there waiting for you.

I'm sorry, Beth. Run free and swim without pain, Godspeed sweet Abe ( ).

My heartfelt condolences to you. Go with dignity and with love Abe. My Ebenezer and all others will be there to greet you. May time replace the pain and be be replaced with all the loving memories you had with dear Abe. They are not here long enough.

Having just lost my perfect Labrador not long ago, I sit here with tears in my eyes remembering the pain of that day. My heart aches for you and I am so sorry they can't stay with us our entire lifetimes....
Be peaceful knowing you are doing what is right for Abe and that soon he will be free from all pain and suffering... Rmember him that way til you meet again.
Godspeed Abe... Find Toby when you get there... You are both loved so very much!

With tears streaming down my cheeks as I read your post, I am so sorry for your loss.

I am very sorry.

I am so sorry Beth.
Your poem was lovely as are the memories of the life you shared together.

Rest in peace Abe.

What a lovely tribute to Abe. Bless you both.
Kathy

Though I've never met you or ABE, I sat here and cried as I read your lovely tribute. Know that we're all hurting with you as you say goodbye to your boy.

Godspeed Abe.

Ugh. Honestly can't read your whole post because I'm already teary-eyed. I'm sorry; so sorry.

Beth, I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. Remember the good, fun times you had with him and think of him that way. Godspeed Abe.

Beth, I am so very sorry. Hugs.

I am so sorry. Its never easy..........

Prayers for your heart to heal.

Go peacefully to the bridge sweet Abe.

I am so sorry.

I'm very sorry. I feel for you.