Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vaccines $ going up March

Just FYI vaccines are going up by the manufacturers in March. I just got off phone with Revival and Vangaurd that we use is going up 42%!!! OUCH! I'm used to the typical small yearly March manufacturer increase, but geez! So stock up now if you can.

Re: Vaccines $ going up March

My first question is WHY? Why are they going up so much? Has there been some new legislation regarding veterinary pharmaceuticals? Where did this originate?

If anyone can point me in the direction of an answer, please let me know!

Thanks,

Is it all vaccines that are going up at Revival or is it just Vanguard. Thanks.

I recently called revival and their vaccines had already went up quite a bit since i ordered months ago. They told me they would go up again in March. I called Jeffers, where I used to order my vaccines from, they were 10.00 a box cheaper on nearly all their vaccines. The lady at Revival had told me to stock up since they were going to raise. The lady at Jeffers told me they were not planning to raise their vaccines and knew nothing as to why they would. So i ordered my vacs from Jeffers as I did years ago. You may want to check them out.

I just ordered Vanguard 5 from Jeffers this week, the lady I spoke to on the phone said prices have already gone up in the catalog, but that she would honor the lower price for my order. I think it went up by 20%.

Do not "Stock up" on any veterinary product unless it has a prolonged shelf life. Check the expiry date.

I always ask for the longest expiration date when I order, good point Gail.

Revival Called Me Today Re: Vaccine Price INcrease

Interesting... today I got a call from Revival to inform me of the price increase coming up in March. The gal told me that the increase are due to the drug companies buying other drug companies and that the vaccine prices would be affected. This sounds a bit funny to me as you would think there would be an increase in all the drugs not just vaccines. Could it be the start of a self-induced pricing war?