Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ingen/credit cards,pmts.

I suppose I will go on and file with my credit card company to fight the charges from Ingen. I really wanted to give them a chance. I have emailed over and over with no replies. I know of several breeders that have test waiting since August to be processed. They claimed they would have everything caught up by the end of Jan. with tests from Aug-present, it would never happen. I ordered several tests this month and feel like a fool.
What are the rest of you doing, are you fighting them thru your CC company?
Im cant continue to wait for results, Optigen it will be since they are letting us all down.
How disappointing this all is to me.

Re: Ingen/credit cards,pmts.

Those email addresses are probably incorrect. They are probably: rick@ingen.bs

The Ingen website is : www.ingen.bs it is not a .com website

I sent to .bs, not com just a typo on my end.

I think that it is a big rip off. I have 7 tests that went in in August. I have requested a refund 3 times and haven't even gotten a reply to my email. Guess I just have to chalk it up. A response would be nice.

I always get my e-mails answered. Sherill even offered the choice of refund or free kits. I took the free kits.
I e-mailed to this address: sherrill@ingen.bs

Im calling the Atlanta GA prosecuting attorneys office tomorrow and see what if anything they can do. I got the idea where someone posted on another forum, they are doing the same thing tomorrow. Ingen continues to take orders, amazing!

Out of so many people trying to reach them, you would be the only one getting a reply.

This is what i recommend you do, Call the Attorney Generals office in Atlanta, also the Police Dept there, each and every one of you. One thing for certain, they can cheat you out of your money but they cannot beat a charge of mail fraud since they are mailing you the tests and you are returning them by the us mail. Report it to your postal service. If they cannot come forward and be honest as to what is going on, then one must get their funds back any way possible.

I was issued a refund when I requested it, though other emails went unanswered. They claim they were not receiving my emails from my yahoo account, so I used an different email account and in the subject I put REFUND WANTED... heard back in 48 hours... Good luck!

I think this company has gotten it's act together. I waited for months along with a lot of other people but got all those test results a couple of weeks ago.
I have sent in new samples and have been told a 4 week turnaround time.
So I have to wonder if your post and others are real or posts by competitors trying to shut these folks down.

I had trouble with my server in placing an order. Sherill called me three days in a row and helped me figure it out and so far everything has happened in a timely and professional manner. My order was shipped to me promptly and I got immediate notification when my tests arrived back to them with an additional notification of approximate time frame to expect results. Hope all goes well for everyone using this service as it seems they are really trying to keep it up and running smoothly.

Did you guys know that Ingen is also the name of the genetics company that created the Dinosaurs in the movie Jurassic Park? Interesting...

I dont understand why some of can get through and others cant?
I have gotten my test back and my emails answered with no issues.

Maybe it really is a firewall issue with some servers?

if you paid via credit card you have every right to call your credit card company and get a charge back. its really that simple.

and I have to wonder if the few that are posting postive posts is actually Ingen themselves. On many forums no one has gotten results or emails back. I have emailed over and over with no replies. One gentleman has called the PD in Marietta and filed a complaint of fraud with the GA state so we will see where they stand soon i suppose. My test have been there 45 days and today i filed with CC company to fight the charge.

I am sure the positives do not come from Ingen. They have too much to lose. Remember when Jill allowed the IP addresses to be displayed? If Ingen made bogus posts and were exposed, it would be a disaster for them. Individuals, on the other hand, only risk suffering embarrassment.

most of the positive posters have a website or email attached proving who they are.

I also have gotten all test returned and have no issues with email contact.

I do feel sorry for those who cant get answers

Rebecca Cook, Linda Vaughn and myself have all posted that we are still waiting on results from tests submitted in Aug. Very few that have posted with positive results have used their name.

It seems when wanting to place an order that Ingen is all about helping people out. Getting results is another story.

I attempted to contact them 3 times. It was suggested I try another email account other than yahoo. So, I used another email and received a response from Rick directly that they are back on track and Sherril would email me when to expect my results. That was end of Dec and Sherril never contacted me. End of Jan, two more emails to Rick and no response. I'm lucky I only have one test out with them as I will simply eat the cost but if I had more invested I would be contacting my credit card company for sure! I won't be using them again and at this point I don't believe I'll ever see my results.

TY Elizabeth. Same with everyone I know, no replies in January at all, only if you order the test then you are on your own after that. Ive tried three email accounts, 2 computers. That is by far the problem. I always got a reply from Sherrill but not anymore. I will never use them again either. I will go back using optigen as i would have less to stress about knowing my test is here in the US and not from some BS flight by night company. My tests have been out since August and they are getting it together? In whose mind?
I dont believe you when you say youve gotten results and emails. Its all over different forums of different breeds, getting the same results we are.N-O-T-H-I-N-G! Has anyone gotten results back in Dec. or Jan? If you have and honestly have, how long did they sit there?
Ingen has way to many issues to trust with any of my money again.

I have 5 test pending since Aug and 3 sitting here!
When I purchased the test it was still Pawsitive ID so my
cost was around $570. needless to say I am not a happy camper and
are starting to wonder what my options are at this point since I have
not gotten any response on email or phone calls.

We sent in several test at different times, we always got results back may have taken months. Our first bunch matched what we knew from parents and ones that were tested by Optigen but we wanted the color coat test done. It was not until the 2nd and 3rd time we sent in results that things were not adding up with what our results should have been.

They have always been fast at sending out orders and taking money. But isn't every company good at taking money. Now when it comes down to it, can they truly fill the orders and accurately. Ingen is surviving off people, who continue to give them $$$. After our 3rd mix up, them retesting for free to get it right. I fairly lost faith in them. I just hope people are not breeding off these results blinding and going to end up with problems.

It should be "You get what you pay for" and I am not going to try to save a buck to risk up having problems with wrong test results from them.