Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Itching Mom

My girl has been scratching like wild. Her pups are completely weaned and she began to blow her coat, but she cannot stop scratching. If you touch her, she starts to scratch. Is this hormonal? Has anyone seen this before?

Re: Itching Mom

It very well could be hormonal. Give her a bath in Mane and Tail shampoo (WalMart,pet dept) and rinse her well. Then rub her down in Mane and Tail conditioner and rinse her lightly. The conditioner will absorb into the skin, with no greasy effect.

It works great.

I don't where you are but my boy has been sooooooo itchy this winter in general. It's been extremely dry here in Michigan and he is miserable...but doesn't have allergies. Mane and Tail didn't work for me, nor has the humidifer. I'm adding salmon and coconut oil in the hopes of giving him relief.

Almost sounds like she could have sarcoptic mange. Anyone else scratching? It's highly contageous. If so, it's an easy fix.

Search for instructions on how to show a pedal pina reflex by scratching the ear flap.

Gail R
It very well could be hormonal. Give her a bath in Mane and Tail shampoo (WalMart,pet dept) and rinse her well. Then rub her down in Mane and Tail conditioner and rinse her lightly. The conditioner will absorb into the skin, with no greasy effect.

It works great.

Any other place to buy Mane and Tail? I never shop at Walmart not being a smarta--. It's too long of a ride for the little I would purchase there.

TIA for suggestions of other stores or sites I can purchase it on. I also have an itchy girl post whelping.

I've seen it at Target. A good oatmeal shampoo might work also.