Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
look at this website

I happened to stumble across this website and thought you all might want to take a look

www.northernnevadasilverlabs.com

Re: look at this website

GOSH, what funny looking dogs. Can you say not even close to looking like a lab. Don't you love the cardboard box the puppy and mother dog are in. Written in big letters behind little boy is which litter it is. Like you might have so many you can't keep up with them without a sign. SO SAD. Poor dogs whatever they are.

Not defending them at all, but I do think the cardboard looked to be some sort of liner for a wooden whelping box. And I got the sense there's not many adults and it's a family with children and the dogs likely are well cared for and socialized ok. The writing to identify the litter actually struck me as a great idea, if you knew how many old pics of pups I have laying around and couldn't honestly tell you which litter they were from.

The thing I think is so sad, is that they spoke of how people often mistake them for Weim's because of their color. NOT!!! Try their shape/breadth/depth of skull, their eye colour, their height, form, etc. Even their feet are incorrect. So sad.........and education wouldn't likely work when they're getting 1200 per pup for inhouse breeding. Geesh.

The cardboard box is what they use to ship watermelons to grocery stores(watermelon bin).

Grocery retail clerk

Saddest thing for me was watching a couple of the videos. For 4 minutes they have a 10 week old puppy run up and down the stairs! Then they turn a leaf blower on another older dog while the owner holds it! They are clearly back yard breeders that got a couple of dogs they could capitalize on. The dogs do look well fed, but I'm not sure how educated these 'breeders' are

Oh, here we go again. Doesn't anyone have anything else to do?

I think if search for Silvers, you will find dozens of websites like this. Heck do a search for Labradors and you will find hundreds of breeders just like this (just breeding the standard, original colors).

I think my biggest concern here is false advertising. They state their "Brady" is sired by the first multi-titled "Champion" silver. We all know for a fact you can't even show a silver in either AKC or UKC shows! The other thing that bothers me is when you look at the certified AKC pedigree for the litter, there are absolutely NO titles on any of the dogs listed but more disturbing is absolutely NO health clearances!

Money talks, education walks! A sucker is born every minute!

Get a life people and leave other alone. Go clean your kennels and stop picking on people. You spend way to much time on the computer!

I do NOT condone the silvers or the practices that many others do, but....
does anyone read the statement in red at the top of the forum page?

Is it so hard to sale Weimaraners??? They look more like Waimies. I can't hardly say there is some lab on them.

Well at least we now know that Jan H is the one starting terouble on here. I think she forgot to take that off. LOL

Were you looking for a silver to buy when you found the site? Do you have nothing better to do with your time than to stumble upon sites and pick someone apart? Take up a hobby, such as sewing, crafts, or counting your toes.

Losers!
Get a life people and leave other alone. Go clean your kennels and stop picking on people. You spend way to much time on the computer!

You must be back from a show, it was quiet when you were away.

I see nothing wrong with discussing any site. It's public, not private.