Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Westminster ticket question

I will be attending my first Westminster Show on Tuesday the 16th. I'm hoping someone can give me the low down on general admission tickets. Can I get a ticket the morning of the show at the box office, and if so, how early would I need to arrive? Labs aren't showing until 3pm but if I needed to get there early to guarantee a ticket that would be fine.
Any other suggestions for a "first timer"? Thanks!

Re: Westminster ticket question

You should find all the information that you need here: http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2010/show/tickets.html

Have a fantastic time!

Thanks....I had checked the website earlier but it just says " a limited number of general admission tickets will be available each day". I haven't been able to find what time those tickets go on sale each morning. Has anyone purchased tickets in this manner that could tell me what time they arrived? TIA

I haven't purchased them, but looking at the site and the judging schedule, I would say prior to 8am of each morning. (so, prior to 8am on the 16th).

You do not have to wait till the day of the show. Sources like Ticketmaster, have the general admission tickets on sale now. You can buy your ticket ahead of time if you are concerned about getting your ticket on that day.

Well of course there are limited numbers available, there are only so many seats at MSG.

You will not need to go crazy - enjoy the show, you can get in -no problem

It is President's Day and the day after, so a lot of schools will be out, and some of the children and their parents do come the years it is a holiday. (Monday is therefore more likely to be crowded than Tuesday.) Some years they have sold out. It is rare, but it has happened a couple times in past decade. I don't know how the recession will factor in this. I HATE waiting in those long lines and prefer to just go to the shorter ticket holder's line. If I have to buy tickets there, I try to come in with the commuters relatively early in the morning, by 9 am or so. You may wish to bring opera glasses/binoculars as unless you are there early afternoon, you will probably be far away from the ring. Have fun!

Your best bet is to buy the ticket online and have it emailed and then print it. Just be sure to get the right day. Also, if you're planning to drive in, definitely get the prepay option. It's lots less expensive than paying at the time.

The tickets that are nearly sold out are the Groups tix. I'm still debating whether or not to get one ....

Anyway have fun!