Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tape worm

I have a bitch that I found tape worm in her poo....she was away for 5 weeks with a family came home 4 weeks ago and I noticed the tape worm. My question is must I treat all my dogs or just her? My gang is flea free. She had a few fleas while away so I was told.
As I said its been such a long time for me on tape worm...Is it dronsit that I use? If I recall I can only get this from the vet?? Its been many many years since any of mine have had tape worm. GEEZ I hate this!!

Re: tape worm

We use Fish Tape pills bought at Revival on line store.

Hi... You just need to treat her. And poo watch(like I know we all do anyway) the others. Use either droncit or cestex. I don't trust the off label stuff.

There are two types of tapes, flea and rabbit. Many don't realize this and I learned this long ago because I don't have fleas and saw tape segments on poo also one time and freaked : ) because I don't have fleas. That's when I learned there were two types. My vet got the segments and looked at them. They are each different.

I do live in the country and bunnies, unfortunately find their way into my huge yards and if they aren't lucky, they obviously get caught and ...gag me, eaten.

actually it is fleas and rodents (rabbits, rats, mice, squirrels, etc) panacur for 5 days will work in most cases If it does not then you have to go to the expensive meds.