Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need AKC JUDGE advice(or those in the know),please

I currently have a 5 month old male that I am keeping and would like to enter in some upcoming shows. Unfortunetly he was injured when he was about 6 weeks old and it has left a scar on his muzzle. I have been told that this shouldn't matter in the ring as injuries are not judged? If you will contact me privately I can share pictures to get your opinion.

Thank you,
Tina

Re: Need AKC JUDGE advice(or those in the know),please

Tina
I currently have a 5 month old male that I am keeping and would like to enter in some upcoming shows. Unfortunetly he was injured when he was about 6 weeks old and it has left a scar on his muzzle. I have been told that this shouldn't matter in the ring as injuries are not judged? If you will contact me privately I can share pictures to get your opinion.

Thank you,
Tina

A scar from an injury would not influence the placement I would give to a dog

Re: Need AKC JUDGE advice(or those in the know),please

I was told by 3 different judges that I shouldn't have skipped a show because my youngster had an ugly, lumpy spider bite on the side of his muzzle. They all said as judges they would have overlooked it. One said she probably would have asked what happened, but it wouldn't have affected her opinion.