Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some heat questions...

Hello everybody :)
I am waiting for my female to come in. She was last time in heat in April 29th to May 19th 2009. People have told me that this is normal and I should just wait patiently for her to come in.
Does any one here has a similar experience where a bitch only comes in once a year? Have you had problems breeding them?

Re: Some heat questions...

I had one that was on a ten month cycle her whole life. It was normal for her.

Oh ok, thank you :)

Is she young? I had 2 that came in at 14 months and then not again until 2 1/2 yo or so. They both came in every 6 months after that.

Yes she is young... will be 2 years old in a month or so. She came in for the first time at 13 1/2 months old and nothing since than.

I have a bitch that is almost 4 and only came into season twice. Once when she was almost 2 and then waited another year. Now it has been another 10 months since she was bred and came in. She was successfully bred.

Thanks for the answers!
She must have been listening to me because this morning I noticed a blood in her crate and I saw that her vulva is swollen so she is coming in... to funny! haha

I currently have a bitch that cycles every 10 months. Her Great great great Grandmother cycled 8 months, 10 months, 8 months, 10 months, etc.

It is actually pretty nice when they come in every 10 months. My older female came in every 5 months and sometimes every 4,5 months!!! I guess my younger one will come in every 10 months or so.