Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Int Am Can Fin Est Kans CH Chancellor Merry April 1997 - Feb 2010

It is with a very heavy heart and great sadness that I announce the passing of my beloved Mystic, in his 13th year.

My tribute to him is posted on his page on my website.

When I got involved in the fancy and rescue I heard a term I had never heard before - heart dog. When Mystic came into my life I found out exactly what that meant.

Dawn van Nostrand
Dragonloft Labradors

Re: Int Am Can Fin Est Kans CH Chancellor Merry April 1997 - Feb 2010

I am sorry for his passing, He taught you a valuable lesson.. What a "Heart dog" is. Their capacity for love and loyalty is contagious. Rest easy Mystic.

Im so sorry to hear Dawn. rest well Mystic. LeeAnne

I am very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and all who loved him. He was a handsome dog!

I am sorry for your loss, I had the pleasure of meeting this dog when he was in his prime, he taught me what true Labrador temperament really is. He has made his impact on his breed , God Speed.

Dawn, I'm sorry to hear of your loss of a wonderful dog. I believe that our dogs are only on loan to us and that they pay us back with interest. Rest easy, Mystic.

I bred to Mystic back when Meira owned him...when those puppies arrived what first caught my eye were those amazing coats. What pulled at my heart was the temperament that emerged from not only the pup I kept, but all the litter mates. These pups till today are sweet, loving, affectionate and comical-yes, true Labrador temperament! For those who still own his puppies I hear the same thing, they are "heart " dogs-really one of a kind.
Dawn, I am sorry for your loss, Mystic was more than just a dog, he was a friend, a companion. You were Blessed to have shared your life with him and, he was just as Blessed to have had your love.

Dawn - I'm so sorry for your loss. Mystic had such a wonderful/loving home w/ you. I know your heart is breaking.

Hugs~

so very sorry for your loss!!

I knew your dog well, liked him a lot! Now I will rejoice the smiles that he put on my face everytime I saw him! He is in a much better place! Godspeed Mystic!

My condolences go out to you and those who loved Mystic. RIP Mystic.

I went onto Mystic's page and read how he loved to hold people's arms and anything he could get his mouth on.
Our girl Chloe is a great-grand daughter of your Mystic and she is just like him!
She is always frantic to get something into her mouth and squeals with joy as she carries it around. She loves to hold your arm and take you around the yard. She is a retrieving fool. I feel honored to have a piece of your beloved heart dog in my kennel.

Shelley

Thanks for sharing

My sincere condolences.
I, Too, have a Mystic grandaughter...same expression, same "talking" ( esp. when I talk to her, and she has the constant stuffed toy in her mouth! )she is also an AMAZING retriever...brought me a live cottontail bunny once while on a walk....not a hair out of place, LOL, and I have several great grandaughters...same expression,and obsession with retrieving...one grt grandaughter, always causes laughter ringside, as she MUST hold her own lead on the move!
Thank you Mystic for your contribution to my very loved, and wonderful decendants of yours!

I read your tribute to Mystic,Dawn, and I have to tell you that those endearing habits of his--gently grabbing your arm, bringing all sorts of "treasures" proudly to you--are faithfully practiced by his grandson, Wilson. (Tullamores Midnight Hour) So even though he's no longer with you, his spirit lives on.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your memories of Mystic bring you comfort.
Kathy

What does KANS mean?

I am so sorry for your loss of a wonderful dog Dawn.
I have a Mystic daughter and she has his wonderful temperament too.
Rest easy Mystic.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed Mystic.

Dawn,
I am very sorry to hear of Mystic's passing.
His daughter Am Can Ch East Hill William Sonoma is here by my side.She, like her father, has to have something in her mouth when people come to visit. She will pick up a leaf if that's all she can find.
His grandaughter Becky got her WC in the fall and his great grandson Turf is being shown. They all have that wonderful coat that he produced as well as being
wonderful companions

Sheila Norgren

What a great dog. All the comments about temperament and coat and comedic relief are spot on. Godspeed, Mystic. And Dawn, I am so sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry Dawn. He was a special dog. Godspeed Mystic.

Sad news about a special boy. He had a good life and was well loved.

I am so sorry to here of Mystic's passing Dawn. He was a wonderful sweet boy and you gave him such a wonderful life. I am so glad I got to meet you both, in his later years.

So sorry to hear of the passing of such a wonderful boy and in time may the pain be filled with all the good memories of all that he has done and produced in his short time with you.

Dawn......he was a special labrador with all the traits mentioned and more. What luck to have had Mystic with you for so many years.

Godspeed Mystic. I'm sorry Dawn.

So sorry, Dawn. Mystic was a great dog.