Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OK, who else is progesterone testing right now

and is trying to decide whether or not to do this breeding based on having to miss Potomac? My bitch was 3.4 yesterday. Looks like I'll have to stay home this year, unless I skip this breeding. Decisions,decisions!

Re: OK, who else is progesterone testing right now

How badly do you want puppies from your girl???
I wish that someone would ovulate during the Potomac so I could take home some semen from one of the many gorgeous studs that are going to be there.
How many of you have done that before?

Looks like we will be breeding on Tuesday, tough decision with Potomac for sure.

I am in the same position as you are!! My bitch just came in 3 days ago, so I am thinking if she gets bred on day 12 she will whelp on April 20th! Since I am from Iceland I wanted to stay a little bit longer in usa so I bought flight ticket from 9th to the 19th of April and the changes are that my bitch will whelp on the same day that I am coming home are high! So I am trying to figuer out how I can do this!! LOL

I just saw this thread, and looked up the calendar...i was humming along for the last 11 days thinking it'd be close....but ---alas, no cigar...

I'm in the same boat too- progesterone Friday was 0.3 on her day 9 --- so unless she holds off for at least 8 more days...i won't make it down to Potomac this year. I would be too far from home to risk it.

Well, I've already done it. My girl, if she is in whelp, will be due on April 1. No specialties for me this spring, but that'll be OK.

Well our girl came in on the 25th and she was bred tonight and will be Tuesday as well. So as it stands she is due on Sunday with Potomac starting that Tuesday... Looks like my husband will be doing Potomac this year with my daughter if my girl holds out on me..

here is the other side of the fence LOL-- I have 3 clients with bitches in season. One is going to be a frozen breeding on a long dead stud and I promised her I'd be there for the whelp (who ever thought it would coincide with Potomac!). I've been watching their progesterone levels very closely this week and needed them all to hold off on ovulation until after the 13th... and they all accommodated Good girls!

We did the deed yesterday and today- making our whelp date at the very end of Potomac (Friday or Saturday)....so it's a no go for us - but there is always next year!