Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Piedmont

Anyone from Jersey south have any idea when the storm will be over? Is it stopping today? tonight?
I`m planning on leaving Maine about 8 pm on Thursday and driving straight through. Think it will be done snowing than?
Thanks for any info anyone has.
Tammy

Re: Piedmont

We are in south central PA and it has stopped snowing here. The news says Philly is still getting blasted though. The problem for us is the high wind and drifting snow. Not sure how the roads might be tomorrow, but hopefully by Friday it will be better. Check weather.com and if you call 511 on your phone you can check road conditions for all along the East Coast. Hope to see you there.
Traci

Hi Tammi
I'm in the Western (Central) Part of Jersey, couple miles from PA border and outside it is a white out blizzard right now, so far 15" of new snow. Snow here expected not to end until well after midnight. No winds here today at all.

I know from experience Rte. 295 South to the Delaware Memorial Bridge in southern NJ is generally in very poor condition right after a big storm. Be careful if that's your route.

just talked to my family in baltimore and they are still getting snow with high winds,,expected to stop tomorrow but expected another storm coming in sometime between fri and mon,,the entire stat of md is shut down for now,,,very bad there now and not looking good for nexr few days,,,

Reports say roads are in pretty good shape in central NJ!

Thanks for the info! I`m heading out tonight. Heidi, you going?
See ya all there.
T

Everyone must remember that we in the Carolina panic with a dusting of snow.

I've just come from the show site/host hotel, where I spoke with Fil and Gina Craver. Great news to hear their trip down Interstate 81 was a breeze and it sounds like the major thoroughfares are generally in good shape. Getting driveways cleared sounds like the biggest hurdle for those with the heaviest snowfall.

Safe travels to all. The grounds and show building are in great shape, and Saturday and Sunday promise Carolina blue skies.