Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website

This might be a no, no. If so I'll put my head between my tail and be gone. (and this is hard to do at my age) I'm looking for a person to build me a website.

Re: Website

Your best bet is to find some other Lab breeders' sites that you like, then find out who did theirs.

Go to register.com, build your own, very easy and best of all of it, english speaking reps to help you!

Thank you so much for your help.

Linda, FYI, I called register. com every day for 2 weeks asking them for help, they are great, give it a try, for the price, you cant beat it. All other companies i tried were impossible to get phone support from as they were out of the country and couldnt understand a word i said lol.
Good luck!

Linda
This might be a no, no. If so I'll put my head between my tail and be gone. (and this is hard to do at my age) I'm looking for a person to build me a website.

Linda, if you include your email address in a post, the breeders that are webmasters-webmistress' for others could contact you privately. I personally don't see anything wrong with that.

Jill has built some lovely sites in the past including her own. Maybe you could contact her for referrals to other breeder-webmaster-webmistress' that she recommends. I haven't seen any new sites of hers in the past few years.

Whomever you use, take a good look at their portfolio of sites that are complete. Find out how much they charge for upgrades as well as building a *?* size & page site. Prices and skill vary tremendously.

Purchasing your domain is the easy part. Getting photos, clearances, pedigrees & more of your dogs ready for the webmaster-webmistress doing your site can be a big a job for you.

Linda,
I know there are many Lab people who do a wonderful job designing websites for others. Before I became involved with Labs and knew of these people, I decided I wanted a website. Someone suggested www.breederoo.com. They provide templates and you just design your pages with your content and photos using their templates. They do offer a free 60 day trial. I am totally computer illiterate and it is very easy. When I have had problems, they have been very helpful. They are located in Canada, so I have never called them, but they are very responsive by email.
Julia