Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Westminster catalogue? Can anyone find it?

It is usually posted by now. Anyone able to locate it?

Re: Westminster catalogue? Can anyone find it?

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2010/entries/breed/labdoret.html

Hate to see it again this year. Why can't they limit breeders who live in N.Y. to two dogs. Something fair like that. Would like to see more different dogs from different breeders.

Breeder two
Hate to see it again this year. Why can't they limit breeders who live in N.Y. to two dogs. Something fair like that. Would like to see more different dogs from different breeders.

I don't believe anyone that entered this year did not get in. So, all the breeders that entered got in. Of course there are more NY breeders! The show is in NY!! KWITCHYERBITCHIN!

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2010/entries/breed/labdoret.html

What a totally ridiculous thing to say! And maybe they should limit the amount of dogs breeders in Maryland and Virginia enter in Potomac too, hate seeing those same old dogs there every year. Everyone has the same chance to get into Westminster, someone in NY does not have an advantage over someone in California. I know people who live 1/2 away who entered in the past and did not get in. It only makes sense that there will be more entries from people who live closer than someone who has to travel across the country. Geesh!

Do you think N.Y. is that far away. We go across country to show, why wouldn't we go to N.Y. Geez to you. So everyone that wanted to go got excepted ? Is that what you are saying ?

Breeder two

Not all the breeders are from Ny.

How does the poster know how many people applied for entry? I don't think Westminster makes that info available, does it?

curious
How does the poster know how many people applied for entry? I don't think Westminster makes that info available, does it?

In some years past, there were so many entries that they had to exclude some once they met the maximum. In the past couple of years, that maximum was not met, so all that entered got in.

I beg your pardon, but the total number of dogs accepted this year is the maximum accepted--2500, plus juniors. Same as last year--etc.

According to the judging program, there are 2573 dogs entered with a total entry of 2617.