Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kennel Runs

I was wondering if anyone has used this company for their outdoor kennel runs : PetPro

Do you believe their prices are good ? I would have to figure in shipping, but I was thinking these would be stronger then chain link . Any opinions ?

This is the one I was thinking of buying : 10x15x6

Re: Kennel Runs

We have 3 10x15 runs from them, not sure what series but I remember Steve called them and we purchased whatever the series that was recommended for Labs. We put them on top of a concrete slab... I will say that we had to bolt them down into the concrete as when the dogs would jump on the sides, the kennel would move The runs are going on two years old and other then a tree falling on them, its held up well Feel free to email me and I will send you pics if you like.

I am very happy with the kennel runs that I purchased from Tractor Supply (10x10x6)...I have had them for more that 6 years....they cost about $500.

www.tractorsupply.com/pet-care/pet-containment/pet-kennels-pens/welded-wire-kennel-10-ft-w-x-10-ft-l-x-6-ft-h-3606740

Bought mine at Menards and very happy with them. Reasonable cost too. They now have them available in black, which I wish they had when I bought them!

That seems pretty expensive to me....The Tractor Supply here (TX.)carries Priefert dog kennels. They are very substantial, and I think somewhat cheaper. I do agree that if putting them on concrete or probably even grass they need to be anchored someway.
Those look really nice though. The Priefert ones are really nice too. I bought some just regular chain link type galvanized panels to make kennel runs. They have rusted on the bottom after only a couple of years. Going to have to be replaced.

Thank you everyone. I checked out TSC, and WOW, great prices ! I did find one near enough to me, but it is still going to be a 3+ hr drive. Much better price, even when adding in travel costs !! I will call and see what they could do to get the Qty I need.

I did look for Menards but there are no stores near me, I live in the PNW.

Tractor Supply does carry the individual panels with or without doors....I bought one 10x10x6 kennel and 1 indvidual pane lwith a door to make two side by side kennels that were attached to my garage. We placed them on a concrete pad and used metal c-clamps to attach them to the garage.

I spent over 3000.00 on the premium runs. The rep. told me they would hold pit bulls. I got them in, wasnt pleased with the quality but they were up 3 months and i had pups in them that were 6 months of age, tore them up just by jumping on the sides, pawing at them. That was last spring. All of them are now lined with chain link from Lowes! They are junk IMO. I bought much stronger ones from Tractor supply for 1/4 of the cost and very pleased with them.
Options plus is a co. i do not recommend either as the same grade as the pro co. carries.

I bought this ones at Pet smart. They are 4' x4', but if you put them together you can make them bigger.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2755438&utm_source=googleproduct&utm_campaign=5122172&utm_medium=cse&mr:trackingCode=C2FC6564-C881-DE11-B712-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA
Mine are almost 4 years old, and they are like new. You can buy bigger ones from ASPCA brand.

I do not understand why anyone would buy anything except Mason Kennel runs !!! Mine have been in place over 20 years, still just like new !

I had my 6' x 25' kennel outdoor runs built and bolted to the 5 " concrete floor. They are like new and 4 years old. They aren't going anywhere!! I bought the chain length maximum strength and had them installed. Pricey, but well worth it. Inside are 6' x 5' and same thing, bolted bottom rails to the concrete

I love to see photos of kennels and runs it really helps me get better ideas when updating my area.
anyone have links or photos to share?

Give an email addy , and you will get some idea.

Great idea ! I would love pictures as well.

I also would love to see some photos