Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
canidae dogfood

is canidae a good brand? What's their best product?

Re: canidae dogfood

Canidae didnt work for our labs. The adults had runny stools. The puppies didnt grow correctly being Canidae does not have a puppy formula.

I used to feed it and really liked it but then they changed their formula. It didn't agree with my adult dogs so changed to something else. I did feed my pups on it and they initially did ok but then I couldn't keep weight on them like I wanted to so switched.

I feed Canidae ALS to my big adolescent male, and have since he was about 5 mos old. he does well on it, and has firm stools.

Canidae doesn't have a puppy food but it does have an all life stages food which I feed to pups, and I currently feed it to 6 adult dogs too. I haven't had an issue with pups "not growing up correctly." Certainly not all foods are for every dog, but I find it a high quality food that is reasonably priced for the quality. I don't have an issue with soft or runny stools at all.

thanks guys.. will try canidae als.. financial crisis is killing me.. ive to switch from orijen to canidae for financial reasons..

Be sure to apply for the breeder program, buy 5 and get the 6th free!