Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nagging feeling

Has anyone had a litter evaluation and there are pick pups ahead of one pup but you have a nagging feeling he may just "be the one". You can't determine exactly why but he just feels right? Each time you look at him you like him more? I am running on two pups for sure but there are three that are very nice. The third pick pup is the one "that feels right". Please share your expereinces. I can keep a third guy for another month but then will have to place one of them. They are 8 weeks old.

Re: Nagging feeling

yep and kept the pup(s) happened a couple of times and boy am I glad I listened to myself.

Always listen to your inner voice.

Hold on to the one that feels right.

How many people did the evaluation? More than once I have observed one person picks a pup and everyone else jumps on board. Next a person who was a holdout picks a different puppy. Then people start to like that puppy more. These groups can build a group dynamic.

One gal did the first evaluation and another gal on another day did another evalution. The 2nd gal liked the "nagging feeling" puppy as much as I do. I appreciate all the replies!

We had that in a litter a couple of years ago, there was a really nice yellow girl that just stood out, but then this black girl just kept looking like she would really turn into something, I couldn't let her go even when a friend wanted to take her. We were keeping two anyways so it wasn't a big deal. Over time the black female really started to blossom and while structurally both girls are similar the black just has that polish and extra wow factor, which is interesting because the yellow girl just blew everyone away at the evaluation.

Go with your gut...

I had a litter a few yrs back, one girl was definately "pick", but I liked her sister too. my husband said "sell the other one", I just couldn't, I couldn't put my finger on it, I just liked her. I nearly sold her several times...glad I didn't; she has won at two large specialties!

Old Grey Mare - The 2nd eval liked the 3rd pick. Really!!?? She can eval your litters.